JTAG pinouts and guides ! ! !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
birillo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi barryware and thank you for the reply.
I tried that configuration too, uhmm... that's strange, I tried many configurations... I check again.
Anyway there is a resistor missing, also on your boards?

jtag_wg602v3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.54 KB
 Viewed:  50653 Time(s)

jtag_wg602v3.jpg

Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should only need 5 conductors..

Ground
TDI
TD0
TMS
TCK

Sometimes, you have to bring up nTRST using 3.3v & a 100 ohm resister. Not on any linksys devices.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed it looks like pin 5 (TDO) is missing a resistor.
I would insert a 0 ohm resistor (a jumper) there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a bricked WRT54G2v1 a JTAG cable/connector from eBay, some 64/36/2 rosin and a soldering iron.

1) Do I need to scrape or otherwise remove the green stuff from the PCB? If so, how should I handle that?
2) Do I need to solder all 10 connections? (top and bottom)
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrDetermination wrote:
I have a bricked WRT54G2v1 a JTAG cable/connector from eBay, some 64/36/2 rosin and a soldering iron.

1) Do I need to scrape or otherwise remove the green stuff from the PCB? If so, how should I handle that?
2) Do I need to solder all 10 connections? (top and bottom)

1). Yes.. you must remove the green epoxy. Use a razor blade carefully. "back scrape it" if you know what I mean. Do not dig into the pads with the razor blade.

2). There are actually 12 connections.. Yes clean and solder to them all. All the bottom ground planes are not necessary but they give the header some "structure" so you are not bending & twisting things up when plugging in the cable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Guci22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the best way to remove the green epoxy covering up the JTAG pins on the WRT54G2??
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was just covered 2 posts above your request :lol:

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
Serial and JTAG on a WRT54G2 V1 unit. (new JTAG style connectors)

The pins can be cleaned of the green epoxy coating...with the 12 pin connector sandwiched on either side of the motherboard...and soldered on. The connector will still fit inside the radio's enclosure.

Also attached (in this picture) is the Serial Connector. 5 pin connector bent at a 30 degree angle so it will still fit inside the case...yet provide access to the +3.3V(pin1), Tx(Pin2), Rx(Pin3) and GND(Pin5) pins....pin4 is not connected to anything.

The JTAG connector is of normal pinout as any other Linksys unit...So is the Serial.

(we are working on JTAG recognition next...This device is currently not supported) - (Now Supported 11/2008)

Hopefully, this will help someone else to connect with the same type of JTAG connection.

redhawk

Yes indeedie, gonna help me out tremendously. Thanks Red.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 14:57    Post subject: Need wl-500GP v1 JTAG pinout Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I need jtag pinout for wl-500gp v1,
The CFE is corrupt or deleted, and the RS232 console does not show anything when connected, and I do not have acces to a Flash programer or AVR. Sad

Thanks in advance,

Renegate
walroro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone.

I´m looking for the jtag of a d-link dir-320.
I saw here http://oldwiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs(2f)Hardware(2f)D(2d)Link(2f)DIR(2d)320.html
supposed to be dir-320, but the PCB reads dir-330??
What are the serial connectors for? Can I do flashing or recovery via serial?
Where is a tutorial on recovery from a bad flash, on dir-320? Because I have some confusion, in the posts I've seen that I need for this router a Pjtag,....
Please help me before I break my router triying differents firmwares it can run.
Tornado
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look in the last fes pages of tjtag in the gerneral questions section, there is the source for pjtag for your dir-320

My preferred parallel jtag adapter:
TIAO Parallel adapter

Tjtag website - http://tjtag.com

Compiling DD-WRT on:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3926.667 Mhz

Aptosid X64 - Debian SID X64
Ubuntu 10.10 X64 - Arch X64
walroro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 18:12    Post subject: pjtag compiled and dir-320 broken Reply with quote
Hi,
I flashed a firmware for an asus router on my dir-320, and it worked Ok. Then I did the same, but with 3g support, and I bricked it. Crying or Very sad
Tornado, would you please send me a PM with pjtag compiled for windows and linux?
I have flashed a MN-700 with Jtag, the recovery process is alike, no? Just pjtag cfe and then via lan the firmware, right?

Thanks.
pppp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20    Post subject: Netgear WGR614v6 jtag pinout Reply with quote
Working Netgear WGR614v6 jtag pinout.

It is necessary to add RP1 (4 x 4,7K)and R23 (100 Ohms) resistors. See picture attached

jtag opory.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.73 KB
 Viewed:  44052 Time(s)

jtag opory.jpg

jtag złącze.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.08 KB
 Viewed:  44060 Time(s)

jtag złącze.jpg

samuelkarush
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 23:46    Post subject: shorted 12pin header? Reply with quote
i wire glued on a 12 pin header to a wrt54g2 v1. it looks just like the one in the pic elsewhere in this thread. when i power it up, all lights are solid. without the header glued on, the power light was blinking continously and could not ping or tftp. Did i short out somewhere with my glue? i cant see anywhere obvious its shorted, but i did go a little overboard with my scraping. any thoughts?
fwiw, i have done brick recoveries successfully before , but it was on a different board with the header pushed straight it, not from the side like this one.

edit:
i just tried scraping the glue from around the pins, and it booted into the flashing power light i was expecting. ill post again after jtag-ing

update:
so, i soldered on the jtag header just to make sure it was connected well, should have just soldered in first place, it was easier.
jtag3 recognizes the chip, but reports no flash. I tried erasing nvram and backing up cfe , but had no luck. at first it would just hang forever and when i would unplug router it would say 'segmentation fault' in terminal. After a while it would go through the process, but wouldnt actually do anything, that i could tell. Still a partial success at this point because it had recognized the chip.
I read some more about what the ttl number means while pinging, and found that if i plugged/unplugged router in just the right sequence, i could get a consistent ping with ttl-64, if i remember right. never got the ttl-100 that signifies a boot-wait, so no luck with tftp.
so somewhere along the line, i put computer back to dhcp, and was surprised that it would pick up an address, this was a change from starting point.
so i read a little more, and realized that when i was plugging/unplugging and holding reset button, i was putting router in management mode. pointing my browser to gateway brought management mode page. took two tries to get linksys firmware back on it, but it worked.
so now i have a working router again , and can work on getting dd-wrt on it.
so if anyone else is struggling with one of these g2v1's, keep trying, googling and reading, and be super patient.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: