Maximize Cisco Linksys e3000 Wireless Speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
crux19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:36    Post subject: Maximize Cisco Linksys e3000 Wireless Speed Reply with quote
Thank you all for this amazing product and the support. I have been using DD-WRT on various devices for years with the most basic configuration. I am now trying to maximize my wireless speeds given my hardware and appreciate any insight for improvements. I have read extensively fiddled even more often with my results decreasing my speeds. I upgraded to the latest firmware and reset the router to begin from the start only following the advice of a few experienced forum members with minor changes to settings. I can also confirm I am only using WPA Personal + AES on my security settings for both interfaces.

Hardware: Cisco Linksys e3000
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) mini (SVN revision 21061)

For testing I used LanSpeed Lite on two different laptops (1 meter distance unobstructed) with the testing server connected on a wired Gigabit network and received reasonable results when testing wired.

Dell Laptop Adapter: Dell Wireless 1601 802.11 a/g/n Adapter
Driver: Atheros Communications Inc. 10.0.0.227
Speed listed in Wi-Fi Status Properties: 300.0Mbps

HP Laptop Adapter: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235
Driver: Intel 15.10.3.2
Speed listed in Wi-Fi Status Properties: 144.0Mbps

I am averaging about 13MB/s on both setups and know I can be getting higher rates.

To avoid cluttering this post I have included images of my wireless settings and test results at the link below. Either my settings need tweaking or my test methodology is flawed and I sincerely appreciate any feedback.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q47mfi7h6fxp3xq/FHFqCG2poy

Many thanks.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: