Client Mode Problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
dltv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 21:58    Post subject: Client Mode Problems. Reply with quote
I recently got a La Fonera and put DD-WRT. I setup the La Fonera as a client mode. Everything is working the way i wanted it too with an exception. My settings for the La Fonera are simple. The D-Link Router IP is 192.168.0.1 and assigns devices with DHCP. The La Fonera IP is 192.168.1.1 it is on its own subnet. I kept the Default Settings. Also if it matters the D-Link router assigns the La Fonera an wan IP of 192.168.0.103

Now my question and problem is my Xbox dashboard IP address is 192.168.1.105 that obtains the IP from the La Fonera DHCP. My PC however has a IP address of 192.168.0.105 and as you can see is on a different subnet then my La Fonera.

All i would like to do is be able to access my files to MY PC from my xbox. In order for this to happen i would have to be on the same subnet as my PC.

I tried setting the IP address of the La Fonera router to a static ip on the same network at the D-Link router IE 192.168.0.100 but the Internet stopped working when i did that. However, not all of the internet stopped working. My AIM client and Utorrent were still working. Weird i know, but i could not access websites.

Also when the La Fonera had an IP address of 192.168.1.1 and my D-Link router had an IP of 192.168.0.1 i can access both Web GUI interfaces to administer the routers. However when i make the La Fonera a static IP address of 192.168.0.2 or whatever on the same subnet i can no longer access the D-Link router.

Anyone have any suggestions to getting the La Fonera on the same network working?
Sponsor
Dravor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client bridge is what you want. The ethernet port on the Fonera acts as if it was a port on the DLink router.

It's not really been working yet in that mode. About to test the 3-10 build.

-D
dltv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
any luck?
Dravor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope,still can't get it to work. It does not want to connect.

-D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: