WDS - Build #16994 - Working with WPA2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
alediaz_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 14:43    Post subject: WDS - Build #16994 - Working with WPA2? Reply with quote
Hello,

I have been doing quite a bit of research online to see if I could get my B/G Airport Express to work on a WDS configuration with my new Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H. So far I have not been able to get the Airport Express to connect as WDS (it keeps deauthenticating itself and the light keeps blinking orange).
I am running build #16994 and the Airport Express is up to date.
I am using WPA2 and would like to keep using it if possible.

Is this possible with the current (16994) or any upcoming versions of the dd-wrt firmware?
Please note that I had WDS working before between a Time Capsule (acting as router) and the same Airport Express with WPA2.

Thanks
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Main thing i can think of here that is messing you up is that i have not ever had any real success mixing chipsets and using WDS. When i use atheros to atheros or broadcom to broadcom, WDS worked fine, its when i mix them like atheros to broadcom or vice versa, it never hold the link then.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: