Bridged Linksys routers WDS mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
STxFarmer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 21:20    Post subject: Bridged Linksys routers WDS mode Reply with quote
I have WRT54G v5 with v23 SP2 micro and a WRT54GS v4 with v23 SP2 std. Both units have been flashed twice so I think I should have a good flash. I was running them with no encryption and tried different channels. I am having real issues with communications between computers off the bridged router and the server router. I have turned off DCHP on the bridged router and upped the power to 55mw on both units, other than that everything is default. On units using the bridged router I am getting duplicate incoming emails on computers and getting error messages when writing to the server on the other router. I have read all that I could and can't seem to find any answers. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.

Last edited by STxFarmer on Tue Mar 27, 2007 15:38; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
freonchill
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you have a wireless bridge - http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge
or client mode - http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless ?

do a administration 'reset to defaults'

setup whichever bridge you are doing

make sure you are connected to one or the other (via mac address)
though i bet if you are using 'client mode wireless' since the SSID is hidden and the client router doesnt give out DHCP - you will be hard pressed to prove that you are connected to one vs the other

1x WRT54G2 v1
2x BUFFALO WHR-G54S
2x BUFFALO WHR-G300N v2
1x BUFFLOW WHR-HP-G300N
1x La Fonera
FON Client Bridge tutorial
STxFarmer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was running in WDS mode, sorry should have mentioned that. I will try the Client Bridge approach and see if that works better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: