Signal info disapears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
JungleJester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:38    Post subject: Signal info disapears Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I have searched for related topics and have not found any answers. I hope someone can help.

One of our WDS mesh network with 10 Linksys WRT54GL V1.1 radios running
DD-WRT v23 SP1 (04/22/06) std

For some strange reason the GUI on all the radios on the main System Info page is not showing any signal strength information. Neither for WDS or Client connections.

I have re-booted the radios and still nothing.

Also while on the subject in the past I have noticed that some radios show 0% connection while its WDS partner shows a link eg. 25%. Through testing I know the radios are communicating however it doesn't register the link on the main System Info page.

Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you for your time and experience
JJ
Sponsor
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try to use only letters and numbers for wds link names (no ' " )
JungleJester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank You Eko for the tip but I am not sure the radio names are the problem.

We have several WDS mesh networks all with the same labeling system.

"location [WDS1]"
"location [WDS2]"

This is an extremely infrequent problem of the Signal Info part of the Main Info page not being displayed. It's as if the GUI is not supposed to display that info because the page fully loads stopping at the Wireless Clients section.

Since first noticing the GUI problem on this network (2 days ago) some of the WDS nodes have started showing the Signal Strength info whilst others still haven't. The DD-WRT settings are programed from a generic NVram file so almost all the settings are the same, except the obvious ones which would cause network conflicts.

The other slightly more frequent problem is the fake signal strength of 0% on 1 radio although the devices are communicating.

Thanks for your time and expertise
JJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: