Cant Access Router Home Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mohdismail_2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 20:24    Post subject: Cant Access Router Home Page Reply with quote
Hi All,

I bought a Cisco/Linksys E900 Router 4days back, went through the guides and flashed it to micro build then big and now dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin. When i was in build big nor in mega i had this strange issue where i can only access the router home page the first time but if i save changes and apply it then i cannot access the router home page at all. My intension is to use openvpn setup.

The only way i could again access it was after doing a 30-30-30 reset.

Kindly if any of you could help me on this issue.

Thanks Sad
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps an IP conflict. What else is connected and what are their IP addresses.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
mohdismail_2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:51    Post subject: Configuring PPTP vpn on DD-WRT Reply with quote
Thanks Murrkf for your reply. Smile

I just found out that i had changed the Router IP and that was the reason.

I configured it to work as AP and it worked well. But when i configure it to work as VPN - PPTP i am unable to do so. I have subscribed to a PPTP type vpn account from Purevpn and also did follow their instructions to setup the router but cant get it working.

Before configuring to the DD-WRT router they asked me to check it on the pc to see if the protocols are working, and i configured PPTP/L2TP/SSTP/OPENVPN all of them worked well.

But when configuring it on the router i am unable to. i used PPTP settings and went to the extent of checking the connection status in the router page and getting it connected but when i connect to it wirrelessly or through LAN cable it says No Internet Access.

Cisco E900 (Mega Build)

Any help in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Sad
mohdismail_2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 22:13    Post subject: Configuring PPTP vpn on DD-WRT - Findings/Conclusion Reply with quote
Dear All,

I just found out as mentioned in the above post that, i almost got it(PPTP vpn) connected but then found out there was no "Network Traffic" this looks like a bug/issue. I then reverted to OEM firmware and tried to configure PPTP.

After configuring again on OEM with PPTP type VPN, once the vpn server IP address was entered and saved, i couldnt change it again and when i tried to it says the router webpage expired and brings me back to the login page of cisco, this was certainly an issue Sad But if i reset the router then i could affcourse re-enter the settings from scratch and change the vpn server IP address. But still never could get it connected to the VPN server.

At this stage i thought because of Flashing probably the NVram is being damaged and is having saving issues. My only last hope was to try with Tomato firmware by Shibby(Tomato Build). I flashed it to Tomato and again entered the PPTP vpn settings and went to the "Status" tab of the router page to get it connected. And finally it got connected, the next thing i was panicking to see traffic movement and yes it happened. I connected my iphone wirelessly to test and i was able to browse over vpn.

I spent 3 continuous days for hours and i now have arrived with results.

Hope this helps for people who are trying to connect to VPN on Linksys E900.

My next experiment would be trying to connect using openvpn protocol on this router, as recommended by many VPN services.

Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: