Routing problem on Release v24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
koellhoffer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 20:52    Post subject: Routing problem on Release v24 Reply with quote
I updated the firmware on my Linksys WRT-300n to the dd-wrt(1).v24_mini_wrt300n software successfully. Then I upgraded the firmware to the full image dd-wrt(1).v24_wrt300n again successfully. Once connected to my ISP I receive the proper IP information, but I cannot access the Internet. I can ping my access point LAN and WAN interfaces but if I try to ping the remote gateway it says destination unreachable. I reverted back to the Linksys firmware and then reloaded the DD-WRT mini image only. I am using the factory default settings except I cloned my MAC addresswhich is a requirement of my ISP. I still have the same problem. I am attaching the trace route information. Any assistance is appreciated.

Release 24 Tracert.txt.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Release 24 Tracert.txt.txt
 Filesize:  2.55 KB
 Downloaded:  441 Time(s)

Release 24 Tracert.txt.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Release 24 Tracert.txt.txt
 Filesize:  2.55 KB
 Downloaded:  496 Time(s)

Sponsor
Ubu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those are pretty hard to read but from what I can tell, it isn’t showing any DNS severs other then your router.

What do you show when you run “ipconfig /all” on a client? Do any DNS severs (other then the router) show up?

When you say you are receiving the “proper IP information”, do you mean that you have a valid Gateway and DNS severs showing on the Status>Router page?

Try not cloning the MAC address. If your modem was offline long enough, it may have re-associated itself with the real MAC of your router.
koellhoffer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ubu

Thanks for the reply. DNS is not the issue because I am not trying to do name resolution but actual pings using IP addresses. Last night I reverted to an older version of the v24 code (8/15/06 I believe). It works on that version although the MAC address clone option does not work. I was able to register the new MAC so its not a big problem. I'm just not sure now what other features are functioning or not, but I wont complain. This is still a whole lot better then the factory code.
Logandros
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13498&highlight=wrt300n

Navigation

Jump to: