Suggested E1500 firmware

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
j3rryken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 18:03    Post subject: Suggested E1500 firmware Reply with quote
ive been trying to get dd-wrt on my linksys E1500
it was a total nightmare mostly because of misleading information on the router database, wikipedia page and forum recommandations on what firmware to use like this thread:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043
big no no unless you want to brick your E1500

following all these almost bricked my router

eko builds, they run but very buggy
and brainslayer builds they tend to suddenly stop working and brick it, and they tend to run very heavy on cpu

so i stumbled uppon a good working build from this thread:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=168290&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

fractal build 20979 is working very smooth, no hangups, everything is working
im using mini build and run a pptp server
only thing is my wan speed is slight slower then when i connect straight to my modem

any input on builds that work fine, post here
only e1500 firmware
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1500
j3rryken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1500

sure if you wanna brick it follow that wiki guide
first thing after flashing that build is your lan ports are broken, then you got to recover and flash back to original firmware over wifi

and you gotta do it fast because the router keeps rebooting after 1 minute runtime

thats why i made this post and mentioned in my post that the wiki is not reliable
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lom, buddee or Murkff don't usually write wikis with builds that brick the router. That is the database.
j3rryken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Lom, buddee or Murkff don't usually write wikis with builds that brick the router. That is the database.

do you own a e1500 ? did you try flashing it ?
come back if you do so
i just want to help those who own one
btw that wiki page for this model is way outdated
nothing wrong with the methods for flashing on the page but the firmware linked on it

not my first time im flashing dd-wrt but my first hard time with finding a build that works on this model
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I apologize.
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
The best build for the E1500 I've found is Eko's 18946. It was the first build to support that generation of Ciscos. I learned a lot from this thread. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=680125 The newer Brainslayer builds just don't seem to work as well or are just unstable. Using build 18946 and adding the following start-up scripts in the administration page have given me the best wireless connection speeds of any build I have tried.
    wl txpwr1 -1
    wl interference 2

Keep us posted if you keep having success with Fractal's builds. He seems work a lot with the E1500.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is nothing wrong with the firmware linked in the wiki except that it is an older build, it doesn't brick the unit.

Lan ports are not broken, they do not respond after a reboot upon flashing, and a 30-30-30 is totally required to fix this, so is the same symptom with the E1550, after flashing, you HAVE to do a 30-30-30 or LAN and WAN ports are not functional - period. And if you could recover this using wireless, THEN YOU DID NOT HAVE A BRICK! Had you a true brick, recovery would not have been possible over wifi... The 30-30-30 is done with the reset button on the bottom of the unit, using a toothpick, not using the blue button on the back..

Also, as far as the bashing of eko and brainslayer builds are concerned as compared to Fractal's builds - as far as i know, Fractal is compiling basically with the same dd-wrt source, he isn't modifying this in a way that fixes any certain bugs, so before you go throwing shit at the dev team here, you may want to learn a few things.

Oh and one other thing, welcome to the dd-wrt forum, have a nice day.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: