Windows Reports : Network Cable Disconnected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Popcorned
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:56    Post subject: Windows Reports : Network Cable Disconnected. Reply with quote
Hi,

I recently bought myself a new router for DD-WRT hacking in mind. The router model was the WRT54GL Version 1.1. I've installed it and had it running solid for 4 days. Then, when turned off the computer and turned it back on the computer was reporting a disconnected cable somewhere. All the cables were connected of course. I did the standard thing and re-connected it all and it still doesn't work.

It's not bricked, because none of the lights are amber so I'm pretty sure it's safe.

One friend of mine recommend me to get a cross-over cable as Windows and the router might be sending data at the same time and it getting stuck in the middle causing errors.

Any other suggestions?
Sponsor
Mastec
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't need a crossover cable with a WRT54GL. Find the reset button on the back and hold it in for 30 seconds to see if that clears your problem.
Popcorned
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I'm back and with some good news.

The router was not bricked at all, infact there was nothing wrong with it. The Dell computer has some kind of issue with it's Network adapter which I have yet to figure out. Atleast I still have a working router.

Very strange indeed. I shall post a reply when I've got more information for you guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: