WRT610N_V1. 3G Connection. Low UpLoad Rate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
danderez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:59    Post subject: WRT610N_V1. 3G Connection. Low UpLoad Rate Reply with quote
Hi All,

Yesterday I flashed my Linksys WRT610N_v1 router with the dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega firmware.

I'm quite a newbie using DD-WRT but I've read a lot and I choosed this firmware because I need K26 and mega version because I need to use a 3G connection using a k3765 modem stick, I expect this is the most appropriate version for my needs.

The router seems to work fine but using the 3G modem the upload rate is very low (about 0.10 mbps), on the contrary the download rate is ok (about 2 mbps). If I use the 3G modem directly on the laptop the upload rate is about 0.8mpbs.

Can anybody help me? Do I need to use a different version?

Regards,
D.
Sponsor
Shoreguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
start with a recommended version...which you'll find by reading ALL the forum announcements and stickies. There's links in the announcements to the wiki tutorials. Your answer is in there...really, it is.
Motorola SB6121

e4200v1
danderez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 17:53    Post subject: Still having problems Reply with quote
Thank you very much Shoreguy.

I've tried to read deeper in the forum and I thought the best decision to make was to go back to 14929 (K26) version (the version I had before flashing to 16785) but I'm still having the same problems, even worse I think.

I have a download speed and upload speed very poor using my Huawei k3765 3G modem with the WRT610N_V1 router.

I don't know what else to read could you guide me please? I just need to use an USB 3G modem with the WRT610N_V1 router properly, Should I try another version?

Thank you for your patience and your help.

Regards,
D.
Shoreguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 3G project started a couple years ago should provide more insight:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=50531&highlight=mobile

Motorola SB6121

e4200v1
danderez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Shoreguy. I've read the whole post but I'm not able to make the connection works properly, I'm starting to give it up.

I also have a huawei E220 but I'm having the same problems.

Can someone help me? Which is the most stable version I should install in my wrt610n_v1 for a 3G connection?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your help.

Regards,
D.
h4x0r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turn off QoS
danderez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you but QoS was already turned off...:-(

Any other ideas? please

Thanks for your help,
D.
davethebossman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
OP, go to my profile and follow my posts because i've been searching for very similar issues with 16785 and 3G.

If you follow my posts and the threads i've visited, either my posts or someone else's should help. Good luck and let me know if my minimal knowledge can assist.

David
danderez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you David but I've read all your post and the complete thread as well, I made a lot of test and I'm not able to make my router works.

The upload rate is still very very low.

Any other help? please

Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: