rt-n16 wan port speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
skatastic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:29    Post subject: rt-n16 wan port speed Reply with quote
I have the RT-N16 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) big
(SVN revision 15962). I have FIOS as my ISP. I used to have the actiontec router as the gateway and just used the n16 to provide n-wireless and to use optware. I finally wired up the connection from the ONT outside with the ethernet port and hooked up the n16 as the gateway with the AT behind it. Everything seems to work fine except that nothing goes through the WAN faster than 10Mbps. If I disconnect everything from the router except the WAN and a single PC it doesn't do any better. If I connect the ethernet back up to the actiontec it can get up to 30mbps. I get the same with it if it's hooked directly to a PC. When I had the AT as a gateway with the N16 behind the speed was around that same 30 through the wireless but I just didn't want to deal with the actiontec router interface which is why I didn't want to use it as gateway any longer. It seems this problem doesn't have anything to do with FIOS but I give that information as background just incase.

I was going to update my build but according to this list http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043 I'm more than up to date. Any ideas?
Sponsor
skatastic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I ended up doing a bunch of stuff...I think what actually worked was to reset my ONT by taking the battery out, unplugging for 5 seconds, and plugging back in. Wish I did that earlier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: