Linksys E1000 v2.1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
tushar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi gamer1612,

I think you should stick with that firmware which was posted by Eko DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer Second Page for Linksys E1000 V2.1.02.

Same firmware im using right now and its awesome Smile
Sponsor
kimxk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:30    Post subject: Re: Google DNS Reply with quote
tushar wrote:
what im trying to do is Router must assign DNS to my all connected system using Google PUB DNS. will that first option WAN IP and DNS do the same thing?

I'd suggest having a look at this:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenDNS
gamer1612
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:30    Post subject: I would have.... Reply with quote
I would have stuck with that firmware indefinitely if I hadn't run into something I couldn't do. I am trying to set up 3 port forwards (2 remote desktop and 1 IP camera) and use No-IP to keep the IP address updated so I won't have to check and see if my IP has changed and what it is, I can just always use the hostname.domain that I picked when setting up No-IP.

However, all the instructions to finish getting No-IP setup say under Setup>Basic Setup>DDNS there should be a drop-down box that has No-IP as an option, but I only see "disabled" and two other options (neither of which is No-IP).

So I guess my real questions are:

1) Would flashing to a different firmware solve this issue?

2) If so, which one should I use?

3) If not, how is it possible to set up what I want on the current firmware?
tushar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:58    Post subject: Re: Google DNS Reply with quote
im using Google Public DNS best for me getting 30ms Ping Smile

Check screenshot no option for DNS 1 2 3 Network Setup only WINS , if i select WAN Setup DNS options visible under Network Setup.

kimxk wrote:
tushar wrote:
what im trying to do is Router must assign DNS to my all connected system using Google PUB DNS. will that first option WAN IP and DNS do the same thing?

I'd suggest having a look at this:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenDNS

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.27 KB
 Viewed:  21279 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

gamer1612
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 18:17    Post subject: How do I know? Reply with quote
After I am already running the correct version of DD-WRT for the initial flash from page 2, how do I know what firmwares I can upgrade to? Would reverting just mean flashing back to the file from post 2?

I read the Peacock Announcement but it just left me more confused than before I read it.
gamer1612
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 22:25    Post subject: Working great now! Reply with quote
I ended up flashing dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin and it works awesome so far. Not one problem yet!
damaddbomma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:00    Post subject: E1000 - V2.1 - NTP Server Reply with quote
Has anyone been able to get the NTP server to work on the E1000 V2.1?

All it does for me is just show me the amount of time since it was booted.

Thx!
dlevv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 20:09    Post subject: Speed Issues, etc. Reply with quote
Hi Guys,
I'm using a Linksys E1000 V2.1 at 2.4 GHZ Wireless N and I'm having serious speed issues. You can see screenshots of my setup at this link, and I can provide more if needed.

As you can see I'm only showing 26Mbps through on Wireless N - shouldn't this be higher? Also, I'm connecting through a VPN, this is why I'm using the vpn version of DD-WRT.

Can anyone provide me with suggestions to maximize my throughput (speed), on wireless N? I'm pretty sure it should be faster than this.

Thanks so much! Any other suggestions to maximize the performance of this router would be appreciated.

Dlevv
tttmack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I may have bricked the router but am not sure can someone offer me some help?

I have a Linksys E1000 v2.1, these are the steps I took

1) I did a hard rest and tried to flash dd-wrt.v24-18774_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin and it failed at around 10% of the upgrade process
2) I then read that before flashing 18774, I was supposed to flash dd-wrt.v24-16968_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin
3) I did another hard reset (30/30/30) and tried to go to the router setup page (192.168.1.1) but it didnt load; I also couldn't ping 192.168.1.1 from the command prompt

Is the router bricked or is there some way I can get it restored so that I can once again try flashing the dd-wrt firmware? I have tried hard resets about 4 or 5 times with no luck.

Thanks,
Taylour
jinx10000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the e1000 v2.1. I installed page 2 firmware then installed dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small to try to create a personal openvpn server. I can access my shared drives etc... but I cannot access the external internet from the client through the vpn. I've tried about every client, server, firewall setting that I could find on the internet. I'm using GuizmOVPN for the iphone. I have no idea where to ask this question. Someone please let me know.

Edit..
I figured this out. I had to redirect the DNS to my network's DNS if anyone needs this in the future.
push "dhcp-option DNS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Last edited by jinx10000 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:44; edited 1 time in total
jinx10000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
dlevv. I'm using the firmware posted in my last post and i'm showing 54 Mbps rate. May be worth a shot...
jinx10000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
tttmack - Mine quit after about 10 seconds into a flash and I couldn't access it through the wired connection but could through the wifi at first. I'm not really sure what happened. May have been a timing thing.
Fret44
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I successfully flashed my E1000 V.2.1 with the build version from early on this thread.

Everything seems to work just fine, but it's unclear to me whether I should upgrade to another build. And if I should upgrade, it's unclear to me which build I want.

I've looked around but I can't find a simple answer. And I've also seen people with E1000's who are bricking their routers because they're putting on incompatible builds.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

What's the best build for an E1000 V.2.1?

Thank you!
diensthunds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 16:13    Post subject: Repeater mode in newer builds Reply with quote
Currently running e1000 v2.1 dd-wrt.v24-16968_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin and works fine. This is the only build I could get repeater mode working in. (Not repeater bridge ((although that works also)) just repeater mode is what I'm working with)
Are any of the newer builds working in repeater mode? Not repeater bridge but repeater mode. I would like to be able to add new features to the router, but can not loose the repeater function as I need to isolate my subnet from that of the main router. Have not seen any mention of any of the newer builds still having the repeater function working.
AFP520
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Folks,

Received my V2.1 in the mail from Amazon, and flashed the 16968 mini build. It works fine, but I noticed I am having problems with accessing certain websites.

E.G. - I try to type a website in directly to the address bar in IE and it does not work, or redirects to another site. Also, if I go to google.com and search for something, when I click on links, it does not go to the correct site. But if I go to bing, sometimes it works.

It sounds like I have some kind of DNS problem. Any ideas?

EDIT: I discovered I am behind a hardware firewall (old junk symantec) so I got the DNS numbers from that and now I can access pages again when hardwired. The problem that now happens: Wifi is broadcasting and users can connect, but pages will not load at all on wifi devices. What am I doing wrong? HALP!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 19
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: