Linksys E1000 v2.1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Xaume
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 18:15    Post subject: WDS and bride mode working properly? Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
I just bought an E1000 v2.1 and, before flashing it to dd-wrt, I want to know if someone can confirm that WDS and bridge mode are working properly with the firmware from the second page.
I've seen on some post that wds and bridge mode were not working and I want to be sure because I'm going to use it for WDS and bridging.

Thank you very much! Smile

EDIT: I've tested it by myself and I can confirm that E1000 v2.1 is working correctly in all the wireless modes including the WDS feature. I've been testing all the afternoon all the wireless modes.
I've flashed the firmware from the second page of this post.

NOTE: I think that's globally for all dd-wrt's but admin web is not working properly with a browser different from IE.
Sponsor
citlee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I have ordered one of these from ebuyer in the UK, for £20. They aren't able to tell me over the phone which version it is, but going by the Linksys support site there are only three (1.0, 2.0, 2.1) and all of them have a DD-WRT version available, so it doesn't really matter which one they ship me.

I made the mistake of grabbing a WRT160N which turned out to be v2, also from ebuyer, but have returned it for this (this thread indicates no support).

Anyway, just posting here because these routers are on clearance for £20, so limited time and stock, and if anybody is looking for a cheap way to get going with DD-WRT, this seems like a good starting point.
cksep
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 14:13    Post subject: Re: WDS and bride mode working properly? Reply with quote
Xaume wrote:
Hi everyone!
I just bought an E1000 v2.1 and, before flashing it to dd-wrt, I want to know if someone can confirm that WDS and bridge mode are working properly with the firmware from the second page.
I've seen on some post that wds and bridge mode were not working and I want to be sure because I'm going to use it for WDS and bridging.

Thank you very much! Smile

EDIT: I've tested it by myself and I can confirm that E1000 v2.1 is working correctly in all the wireless modes including the WDS feature. I've been testing all the afternoon all the wireless modes.
I've flashed the firmware from the second page of this post.

NOTE: I think that's globally for all dd-wrt's but admin web is not working properly with a browser different from IE.

There are 2 firmwares on page 2. which one did u use? 16964 or 16968 ? i have a new e1000 v2.1
matus12345
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi!
You should use version 16968 that is marked as first supported build made for inital flashing.
metrowalker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Took another attempt at configuring Client Bridge. Won't work. Using the same settings I have on the WRT45GLs I have up and running. I'm giving up on this router as a client.
Silly Wabbit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
metrowalker wrote:
Took another attempt at configuring Client Bridge. Won't work. Using the same settings I have on the WRT45GLs I have up and running. I'm giving up on this router as a client.

It's quite simple. Just follow the steps from here and it will work http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged
My v2.1 is rock solid up for 25+ days now connected to my e3000.
jbr67
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,

i just bought an e1000v21. I first tried to install the software for e1000v2.0, which obviously failed.

Then I found this thread, and solved the installation problem.

The problem installing ddwrt on the e1000 made me realize just how important it is for me to use this software... i have another router (wrt320n) which has ddwrt for 2 years now. IPv6, OpenVPN, it all just works superb. Just the thought not be able to use this software on the e1000 made me feel bad.

But hey, presto, it works on both routers now! I just love this software, keep up the good work!

Greetx,
Jos
daz203
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:10    Post subject: Confirmation pls, thank you Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Good.... below is now official build for e1000v21:

Please also test if buttons and leds work properly.

Hi ALL, just wanna confirm, for LINKSYS E1000 V2.1

"16968" is the build for initial flash

NOT "16964", correct??

Thank you all
skyfow89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed 3 or 4 different builds on my V2.1 (Starting at 16094), and none of them will connect faster than 11Mbps. Everything else works on them, but they won't connect at a speed I can use. My WRT54G with DD-Wrt on it can connect (Both in client Bridge mode) to the same access point at 54Mbps, at roughly the same signal strength and noise. Is anyone else having this problem?
CognitiveSurplus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:33    Post subject: DDNS broken in std-nokaid-small (SVN revision 16994) Reply with quote
I just bought e1000 v2.1 and followed the instruction to the "T" and works beautifully. One thing tho that I have noticed is that the DDNS is not working on it. Is this a bug?

I tried No-IP and Dyndns and even used the "custom" settings and manually configured it via tips listed in the forums to no avail. I keep coming across that the DDNS feature has not been working for a while.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=537396

When I use no-ip or dyndns it just tells me:

INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - dynamic DNS updater.

INADYN: IP address for alias 'myhostname.org' needs update to 'xx.xx.xx.xx'

Does not tell me that it has been updated. I am currently running:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/08/11) std-nokaid-small
(SVN revision 16994)

Can I roll back to a previous version where DDNS last wroked?

Thanks!

By the way I updated the firmware in this fashion:

Used: dd-wrt.v24-16994_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin

Then once finished I then installed :
dd-wrt.v24-16994_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

Capture11-2-2011-11.19.17 AM.jpg
 Description:
Screen cap of my DDNS page.
 Filesize:  150.29 KB
 Viewed:  29569 Time(s)

Capture11-2-2011-11.19.17 AM.jpg

christweil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI Guys, I searched quite a lot prior posting here but unfortunately I found nothing on my problem.

Making a long story short : To get faster wireless speed I decided to replace my Dlink DIR615 with a linksys e1000 v2.1 version. After setting it up, I tested with speedtest and while the download speed was fine (50Mbps) I noticed the upload speed was super slow (like 1~2Mbps) - direct through my computer (i.e. without router) even with my DLink I get up to 20Mbps.
I then installed DDWRT hoping for the best and it actually did - I was getting up to 20Mbps (and even more in non peak hour) ...but just for few days and then it was back to this super slow upload.
Did everything possible - no luck. Returned the dammed thing back, got another one. The new one actually reached normal speed with the factory firmware, then after installing DDWRT it was fine but again it last just few days.
Now testing speedtest I get a mere 5Mbps on the upload (download is always ok).

FYI, QOS is disabled (I tried it as well, it limits nicely the download to whatever I specify but upload simply sucks).
I also do not need to setup anything special on the DLink to get normal speed so this linksys really starts getting me crazy !

I have no more idea what's the problem but it seems definitely related to the router. Any advise ?
Tyrel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Note to self - Posting questions that are NOT specifically related to this router will result in posts being deleted.
louiemiranda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the record. This is the official build for Linksys E1000 v2.1 (See page2 of this thread).

dd-wrt.v24-16968
bababooey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im using the e1000 v2.1 and flashed it using the initial flash on one of the earlier posts, and flashed it again with 06-14-11-r17201 dd-wrt.v24_vpn_generic.bin

I have been unable to get repeater mode working. The e1000 was set to repeat my main AP for its internet connection. The e1000 v2.1 connects to it fine, wired/wireless clients can connect fine. Everything works great except repeater mode.

But using a old WRT54g v8 with dd-wrt, I tried to connect it to my e1000 as a repeater. the WRT54g is unable to get an ip via DHCP, even although it connects to the e1000.

So is the repeater mode in the e1000 v2.1 or just the e1000 in general working?
fedup
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 21:23    Post subject: E1000 v2.1 slow response times via GUI Reply with quote
I followed the 30-30-30 reset before and after flashing with the dd-wrt.v24-16968_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin and it went fine. However I noticed that every time I click on a tab in the GUI there is at least a 6 second delay before that page is displayed. Tried IE9 and FF 8 on Win7 x64 and no difference. Even with my NOD32 disabled same thing. The WAN port is not connected only lan port to the computer.

Update: The slow response time for the GUI appears to be computer related. Other boxes on the LAN do not have that problem.

However the throughput measured via Speedtest.net when the wireless is set to N only is abysmal on a 50Mbps connection. It is showing 5Mbps where as my old WRT54GL in G mode was getting 20 Mbps on the same server.

Update#2: Did some tweaking on the Windows7 settings for the Broadcom wireless nic in the computer and that seemed to improve throughput.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 19
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: