Is this me or is it a bug? Help - Updated! - Jan 10/2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 22:06    Post subject: Is this me or is it a bug? Help - Updated! - Jan 10/2010 Reply with quote
NOTE TO ALL USER FINDING THIS POST:

This post pertains to a BETA version of DD-WRT With hotspotsystems.com. Another post will follow soon with a newer build with another "how to" with a two router setup, just look for user "webcan".

If you are looking for the Solution I found using the described BETA build with a two router setup then please go to this page. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63278&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

------------------------------------------------
HI! I have been googling now for hours trying to find what the Wlan option is for the asus wl-520GU using dd-wrt v24 standard with to no avail.

I am trying to get it to redirect wireless traffic to hotspotsystems.com.( using the setup at hotspot system) The closest I get is the LAN option in the DHCP Interface but it redirects all traffic even the virtual interface that I created.

I have tried every option one by one and rebooting the pc and router after each try. I also disabled software firewall and router firewall. I also disabled spybot-search&destroy and other stuff that might interfere.

I have asked support at hotspot systems and he said " It must be the DHCP interface. I think it must be set to eth0" I looked that up and eth0 is for the professional version of dd-wrt. though I tried that too.

Here are my info.

router.HotSpotsystem.com
Router Model
Asus WL-520GU/GC
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) std - build 13064

Using XP Pro sp3

I am really stuck on this can someone please Help me?

ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 22 18.46.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.14 KB
 Viewed:  20457 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 22 18.46.gif

ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 22 18.39.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.86 KB

ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 22 18.39.gif

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 22 18.38.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.18 KB

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 22 18.38.gif

Last edited by webcan on Sun Jan 10, 2010 18:06; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Re: Is this me or is it a bug? Help Reply with quote
webcan wrote:
I have asked support at hotspot systems and he said " It must be the DHCP interface. I think it must be set to eth0" I looked that up and eth0 is for the professional version of dd-wrt. though I tried that too.

eth0 (and other interfaces) can be anything, it varies for all hardware. For your router it is likely the entire ethernet switch and eth1 is likely your wireless. The way to tell is by running ifconfig and looking at the info there, especially the MAC addresses. However, that really isn't your problem...

Right now you have everything bridged so you can pick several different interfaces for the hotspot but they're bridged so everything in the bridge becomes part of the hotspot. Your options are to either enable the "Separate Wifi from the LAN Bridge", or you can unbridge the VAP (though to do this properly you'll need to assign the VAP to a new bridge).

webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI! Thanks for the reply, I already have "separate wifi from bridge" enabled. I shown in the pics I uploaded.

I looked at the ipconfig and both wireless and wired are showing the 192.168.20.1 for the gateway and DHCP server. BOTH also have the same address for the DNS Servers, so why is it not redirecting to hotsystem.com like it did when I chose LAN as the DHCP Interface?

Paul
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
webcan wrote:
I looked at the ipconfig and both wireless and wired are showing the 192.168.20.1 for the gateway and DHCP server. BOTH also have the same address for the DNS Servers, so why is it not redirecting to hotsystem.com like it did when I chose LAN as the DHCP Interface?

They wouldn't be if the wireless was properly unbridged. Telnet to the router and get the output from ifconfig and brctl.

Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Latest builds have hotspotsystems built in.
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI! Thanks for the reply's, ok I now dn dd-wrt.v24-13491_NEWD-2_std-nokaid.bin and installed it. and also did a hard reset ( 30/30/30 ).

Ps. Cool snow affect Smile befitting as it is Christmas eve. heheh

I still am having redirection problems however. I unbridged the wireless as shown in pic 1.
I looked at the ipconfig and the ip
address are different for Wireless and wired. Default gateway and DHCP servers are different as well. The subnet mask and dns server are the same though. ( I don't know if this makes a difference as I am just a novice at this).

I have enabled the hotspotsystem button and entered in the info as show in pic two.

I noticed in the Status page under wireless ( in the section wireless nodes) that "eth1" and wl0.1 are listed. shown in pic 3

So what is going wrong? why no redirection?

PS. I wish everyone Merry Christmas/happy holidays and best of wish for the new year. :)

Paul

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 24 16.55.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.32 KB
 Viewed:  20312 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 24 16.55.jpg

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 24 16.52.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.38 KB

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 24 16.52.gif

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 24 16.14.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.19 KB

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 24 16.14.gif

phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
webcan wrote:
So what is going wrong? why no redirection?

It would help if you would say what DOES happen not just what doesn't. Also, it's pretty difficult to know anything with generic comments about the IP's.

Eko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Restore your router to defaults.

Start with default hotsposystem config (don't enable anything, just enter your OperatorID and LocationID (btw... location ID is always a number, like 1 or 2 ... not your whateveristhat).

On wireless page just change SSID, don't do anything else for start.

You also must set router time to UTC.
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies, I loaded the defaults and just enter in what you told me too. ( I also had to enter in the pppoe info of coarse ) and gave it a shot. Well it worked. BUT it redirect's both wired and wireless connections to Hotspotsystems. I cannot enter into the router at all via the 192.168.20.1 or 192.168.1.1 or anything else wired or wireless. And since I did not write down a voucher number I have to re-flash the router and start over :(

Well I am back Smile and now we know that it does now redirect if I enter in the most basic of information BUT now I need to be able to access the router to test different settings. So what should I do next?

I guess I need to separate the LAN from Wireless right?

Should I enable all like you told me + "Separate Wifi from LAN Bridge"? OR do I need to follow the instructions at this link below?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/V24:_WLAN_separate_from_LAN,_with_independent_DHCP

Paul

Last edited by webcan on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:37; edited 1 time in total
Eko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't know... I must try it here. Anyway, I can always get in on LAN ports on 192.168.1.1 (set your PC to static IP in that range)
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess I need to separate the LAN from Wireless right?

Should I enable all like you told me + "Separate Wifi from LAN Bridge"? OR do I need to follow the instructions at this link below?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/V24:_WLAN_separate_from_LAN,_with_independent_DHCP

Paul
Eko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Play with it...
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI! I have tried the configuration settings that is at

but I with it I can no longer connect wirelessly. I did a configip/all and it said "Media not connected"

I also tried the other users commands but no avail. I noticed that the link is also for v24 sp1. Perhapes that has something to do with it but I don't know as I am not that savvy.

I have tried a few other things but to no cigar :(

At this point I feel like I am shooting blindly in the dark as most of the help I find in the wiki or on Google is either for v23 or v24 sp1 and to top that I am new to router and network configuration.
But I am trying :)

So for now the only thing that does work seems to be what you told me to do in the first post by entering in just the basic info but like I mentioned, both LAN/Wireless and Virtual gets forwarded to hotspotsystems.

I am eagerly awaiting any info you may have to enable me to use the hotspotsystem independently of the LAN and/or Virtual Interface.

Paul
fudge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is how you can set paid LAN ports:

http://www.hotspotsystem.com/deskpro/kb_article.php?ref=3253-USGC-4685

You should reverse these steps if you want to have free LAN ports and forward only wireless (enable Seperate WiFi from The Lan Bridge AND enable Network Address Server Settings (DHCP) in Setup > Basic Setup.
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI! Thanks for the reply, Yes the reverse is what I want. When I enable "Separate Wifi from LAN Bridge" What address should I put as the "Remote Network" Look at the Pic I have uploaded. and should I enable the "UAM"?

Paul

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 29 16.35.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.19 KB
 Viewed:  20010 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 29 16.35.gif

Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: