Linksys E3200 Here - see page 2 for test build!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
habibalex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pharaoh wrote:
Translated don't hold your breath waiting for 5ghz.

Fractal and the like would work on it but they lack the driver to do so.

Does someone at Cisco have the driver?
Sponsor
san_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought the E3200 and I have some questions about flashing it :

- Well, the first time and only the first time, I have to flash it with the dd-wrt.v24-19xxx_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin, right ?

- If I then decide to get back to the Cisco firmware, will it brick it ?

- Afterwards if I decide to reinstall DD-WRT, this time I'll have to flash it with the dd-wrt.v24-19xxx_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin one, right ?

Thanks
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
san_ wrote:
I just bought the E3200 and I have some questions about flashing it :

- Well, the first time and only the first time, I have to flash it with the dd-wrt.v24-19xxx_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin, right ?

- If I then decide to get back to the Cisco firmware, will it brick it ?

- Afterwards if I decide to reinstall DD-WRT, this time I'll have to flash it with the dd-wrt.v24-19xxx_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin one, right ?

Thanks

1) follow the wiki guide for flashing dd-wrt to your E3200. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3200

2) if you decide to go back to linksys stock, in theory - it shouldn't brick it, atleast its not ever bricked when i flashed back to stock.

3) wrong, afterwords if you decide to reinstall dd-wrt after flashing back to stock, you'd need to follow the wiki instructions again.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
san_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot Wink
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
No problem, also be aware that the E3200 still doesn't have 5Ghz radio support on dd-wrt. But i found its 2.4Ghz support on dd-wrt to perform well. And this unit is probably one of the fastest router's i have purchased lately, takes no time on bootup and webgui is lightning fast. Thanks to bigtoe barryware for getting it ported. Smile

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
san_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Correct, DD-WRT performs very well overall, but
there is still some enhancements to do.
I quickly tested NAS speed tests :
Cisco firmware (v1.0.04) : ~7MB/s
DD-WRT (v24-19519 NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-nv60k) : ~3MB/s

Anyway, thanks for the DD-WRT support
bullshift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 19:06    Post subject: Problems with Wireless Repeater Reply with quote
Hello all,

This is my first post, despite being a dd-wrt user for quite some time.

Just bought one of the Linksys e3200 and flashed it with DD-WRT. I followed the wiki to set up the wireless repeater, but I seem to have something missing.

I can successfully connect to my host router, get a IP address via DHCP and get my pc connected on a lan port (different subnet) to access the internet.

The problem is when I add a virtual wireless interface. I immediately loose my WAN connection to the host AP.

I also followed the advice to use the same security settings on both wireless interfaces, nothing new. The only setting I didn't try was to disable security on both routers, because I don't have easy access to the host router, so I just access it remotely. In case anything goes wrong I cannot physically access it.

I am now running the build 18024, but already flashed several others.

Any advise for me?
Thanks in advance.
NigaSemaj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had a problem with my e3200 for quite some time.. take a look at my thread please Smile
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=155624
zzeuss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try adding this to your firewall:
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j SNAT --to `nvram get wan_ipaddr`
Cool for me it worked like a charm.
It's from the Wiki page http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs
bullshift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your quick answers, I really appreciate.
I will take a look into it tonight and will post back the result afterwards.

Cheers,
Tiago
hangy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi... i need to return to stock original linksys firmware... someone che tell me the exact procedure? now i've the last dd-wrt build.... thanks a lot Smile
strictlyfocused
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
hangy wrote:
hi... i need to return to stock original linksys firmware... someone che tell me the exact procedure? now i've the last dd-wrt build.... thanks a lot Smile

Download the Cisco firmware from their site: http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-eu/support/routers/E3200/download

Then go to Administration -> Firmware Upgrade and choose the Cisco firmware you just downloaded.
metadethrax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I have a Linksys E3200 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/20/12) big(SVN revision 19519), everything is smooth, but I can't setup IPv6. I tried using the guide on the website, but at some point I got lost and I don't know what to do. Please, can someone help me setup correctly IPv6 on my router, based on the firmware version I just entered?
I must mention that my ISP provides native IPv6 support, if I connect the cable directly to my computer, I'm having an native IPv6 address, the same happened with the Cisco official firmwares.
Please, I am a total n00b at this, so a step-by-step guide would be more than ideal!
Thank you!
bullshift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04    Post subject: still problems on the wireless repeater Reply with quote
Hello again,

I followed the recommendations about the separation of wireless lans, but I still couldn't setup my repeater.

There are 2 behaviors that I want to share with you and that don't seem normal:
-I can connect to the host AP, ping it and access the network from my PC connected to a LAN port.
However, immediately when I add a virtual interface and apply the settings, I loose this connectivity and no longer can ping the host AP. When using repeater mode, the WAN IP is lost.
-Other problem, when I add the virtual wlan interface, the only way to connect to this WLAN is without authentication or WEP authentication. With WPA/WPA2 personal, I get no IP address (yes, DHCP is active for this segment).

Does anyone experienced similar problems? I am now running the latest mega build, but experienced the same with others.
Thanks in advance!
bullshift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess this problem should be related to this bug: http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2253

Anyone happens to know what build does the repeater mode was last seen working for E3200?

cheers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: