Linksys E3200 Here - see page 2 for test build!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
jerden69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:56    Post subject: Little Help Reply with quote
Hmmmm I had to try out the firmware on my Linksys E3200 to see what it was like and it's looking good but I have tried to go back to the old stock firmware and it won't let me. Any ideas on how to get it back to stock?
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 18:29    Post subject: Re: Little Help Reply with quote
jerden69 wrote:
Hmmmm I had to try out the firmware on my Linksys E3200 to see what it was like and it's looking good but I have tried to go back to the old stock firmware and it won't let me. Any ideas on how to get it back to stock?

"it won't let me".. Interesting but you really need to provide a bit more detail..

exactly what version of dd-wrt did you flash?

What stock firmware are you trying to flash back to. They (linksys) just posted a firmware update. Possibly the newer stock firmware is giving you the problem.

However, it is only speculation till you post exactly what "it won't let me" means..

If it turns out that the problem is not on your pc (browser cache, clear cookies, av & firewall software, etc) I will follow your steps in regards to what you have flashed. If I get the same results, I'll figure out what changes need to be made to the header of the stock firmware to allow you to flash back to stock.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 0:45    Post subject: password for dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200 Reply with quote
Loaded the firmware, the regular change password dialog box didn't appear after reboot. Any clues? Presents a linksys looking login dialog box....Update the damn reset button is on the bottom. I wonder how it's working but after a real 30/30/30 reset I got the change password dialog box. So All good.

Thanks
Jmeier
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone care to comment on how this router is doing?
computerwiz_222
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 0:14    Post subject: USB Help Reply with quote
I just flashed to the test build and it is working very well.

I am having trouble getting USB going. I followed the instructions found here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage but dmesg always returns "No module found in object".

Can someone point me in the right direction? I wish to get my external hard drive functioning.
Jmeier
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's missing a driver for that specific USB device.
fishy007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi! I'm trying to move to the test build of dd-wrt for my new 3200, but I'm obviously doing something wrong. I'm simply trying to upload the dd-wrt firmware through the standard Linksys interface. It takes it, runs through the upgrade and says it's about to reboot and that it will take up to 65 second. I wait it out (over 2 minutes) and then hit 'Continue' and at that point I'm prompted for a password and it takes me right back to the Linksys setup page.

I've tried to find a tutorial or a wiki on the 3200, but I haven't found anything so far. Apologies if the info I need is already listed somewhere obvious.

EDIT: Fixed it. Looked up the instructions for the 4200 and followed those. Turns out that when it says '65 seconds' it should say '5 minutes'.
Pharaoh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have to admit this thing does boot really fast.

Got one today to replace the aging wrt300n.

That and broadcom support is way more mature then atheros.

Going to wait for 5ghz support before i start playing around.
capspecialk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Picked up a e3200 today to replace a very old WRT54G, circa v1.1.

Got Eko's test build flashed and running. Works great.

Has anyone successfully flashed a larger build yet? If so how is it running?

And if I can help with any further testing just let me know.
Pharaoh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Testing has basically stalled out.

Not do to the guys making the builds but to to the lack of drivers for the e3200.

No 5ghz driver no way to get it going unless a driver is adapted for it.

Or broadcom give up the driver and there little chance of that happening.
Allan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 21:09    Post subject: VPN over e3200 Reply with quote
I'm using an e3200 with strong VPN and when I test the vpn on it the speeds drops a lot! I have 35M but in the router with VPN reaches only 2m!

Any idea for config on it?

Thanks
lucian.jp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can we revive the developpement for the 5ghz on e3200?
Pharaoh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unlikely since linksys not forthcoming with the 5ghz driver.
Development on ddwrt itself is now more concerned with commercial area.
There are major bugs that have remained since development on the v24 started about two years ago.

This shows no signs of changing rather its getting worse by the looks of things.

Serious open source development is only really happening with the tomato firmware now and a couple of others.

The creator of tomato hasn't done anything in some time but others have taken up the firmware and run with it.
raiserroofer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
So... that's it?

Is the 2.4ghz-only dd-wrt firmware any good? I'd almost rather just have a G-band and better frequencies and range then have the 5ghz.

Just to reiterate, I'm having serious performance issues with my model (I'm talking like 40 feet away, one floor down and getting virtually no speed, despite my phone/ps3/laptop saying the signal is decent) and I'm hoping that it can be fixed with dd-wrt.
betz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:57    Post subject: Port forwarding not working Reply with quote
Hi,

I flashed my E3200 with the build on page 2, everything seems ok, except port forwarding is actually not working.

I leave the source empty, but didn't work. Sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: