Linksys E3200 Here - see page 2 for test build!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Garp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
p-v-n wrote:
Any updates on ETA when 5GHz support will be added for E3200?

Use tomato. It has multiple advantages. Really, check it out i have been using dd-wrt since the nineties i think, but really like the shibby tomato much, much better.

I have 2 E3200's running a smooth as a baby's bottom. I really urge you to try that on your 3200.
Sponsor
99999me
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
tomato seems pretty good..
I've looked on the site and I can't find if it supports:
-multiple SSID's (sperate WLAN for guests on a seperate network)
-dynamic dns
-EOIP tunnels
Malitiacurt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
99999me wrote:
tomato seems pretty good..
I've looked on the site and I can't find if it supports:
-multiple SSID's (sperate WLAN for guests on a seperate network)
-dynamic dns
-EOIP tunnels

Multiple SSID's - Yes
Dynamic DNS - Yes
EoIP tunnels - Doesn't seem like it, can't confirm.
99999me
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
It works great!!
I wasn't able to get printer working... I guess I'll have walk up to a printer the two times a year I actually print something...
revere521
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
What Transmit Power Setting is everyone using with tomato? I'm running shibby 110en, and i have been experimenting to find the best value - it seems that possibly setting 0 for hardware default is best?

I cant seem to find anything definitive about the setting in tomato (just that its an arbitrary number, not necessarily mw) - and all the information out there seems to be written to apply to older routers that don't have the power amplifiers that the E3200's do.

so, what are you guys seeing?
Revival
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
for those that r using tomato, hows your 5ghz?

my 5ghz band used to drop after like an hr and wont come back until a reboot on v109 (connection time out when I try to connect). updated to v110 today and it seems better. but earlier i had to change channel for it to work properly again (connects but no ip on 5ghz).

is it just me? or are people's 5ghz still flaky?
criminala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
criminala wrote:
Fractal wrote:
Important changes are getting committed to the public repo soon, so I will be updating my builds and merging shibby's changes for 5ghz for this and the E2500.. I will post when this is available.

Thanks again,

-Fractal

The person who was/is going to commit those important changes to the public repo died ? Embarassed

@Fractal : what's the latest news regarding the repository commits you were waiting for ?
meek22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 16:58    Post subject: Latest Stable Firmware Reply with quote
I noticed that the most stable version listed within the Router Database is dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin as of 7/21/2013.

Can E3200 users confirm that this is the most stable build they've utilized?
criminala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
After flashing to 22118 on my E3200 trying to solve bugs in 18xxx and getting myself in trouble again going trough 30/30/30 resets , nvram erases , reboots just to try and solve weird glitches which seem to keep coming back even trough all that ... I'm going to jump to tomato too for my E3200 .

For now I see too many different websites , strange languages , and guides for cultivating red fruits
while googling . Which makes me confused .

So if someone could point me to their official (english) forums and the latest firmware to flash for E3200 ? That would make me very happy .

thanks !
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
criminala wrote:
After flashing to 22118 on my E3200 trying to solve bugs in 18xxx and getting myself in trouble again going trough 30/30/30 resets , nvram erases , reboots just to try and solve weird glitches which seem to keep coming back even trough all that ... I'm going to jump to tomato too for my E3200 .

For now I see too many different websites , strange languages , and guides for cultivating red fruits
while googling . Which makes me confused .

So if someone could point me to their official (english) forums and the latest firmware to flash for E3200 ? That would make me very happy .

thanks !

Google Tomato USB. I heard many saying that Tomato performs better than DD-WRT, however Tomato does not run OTRW2, so I stay with DD-WRT. In the end, it is good firmware if it works for you. Have you already tried a Kong build?

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

criminala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your response , slobodan .
I saw Tomatousb before but it looked like an abandoned project ..
After you told it is indeed the real thing i found Shibby's builds are actually the ones i have to follow . I like it , Tomato is much more like 1 build 1 device . Besides supporting 5ghz wifi I like a lot of other functions too .

But , it's not perfect of course . I had the 5ghz crash every time on me while disabling usb option . Reset needed in order to fix . Just to name one thing .(EDIT:seems like 5ghz has a USB adapter so it's actually normal behaviour)

Also it did not fix the problem I had on the E3200 with DDWRT : if i select a 2.4ghz wifi channel lower than 6 it does not broadcast , no one can connect to it . Googled, but found on solution .
Zou
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI, i'm using dd-wrt on the E3200 but rflow is missing on the webui is it normal?

Thank you
baileathacliath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone please explain how to unbrick this router. I foolishly flashed build 23138 without reading the forums.

The power led blinks twice upon boot and stops. It will not assign a IP address to the PC, I tried applying a static address with no luck also no unable to access the web gui. Strange thing is when i plug in a ethernet cable and I have set a static IP address and am trying to load the web gui the status light on the lan port with flash but am unable to ping.

I have removed the cover from the router have located the 5 pins which need to be soldered using a nokia ca-42 which I have but not to sure what next?

Quick update:

I can ping the router for the first few seconds when switched on with a ttl of 100 until the power led stop then am presented with destination host unreachable.
messerchmidt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
did ddwrt ever get the 5ghz radio to work on this unit?
messerchmidt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Garp wrote:
p-v-n wrote:
Any updates on ETA when 5GHz support will be added for E3200?

Use tomato. It has multiple advantages. Really, check it out i have been using dd-wrt since the nineties i think, but really like the shibby tomato much, much better.

I have 2 E3200's running a smooth as a baby's bottom. I really urge you to try that on your 3200.

I have three of these setup at my buddy's house as access points running tomato. If I could swap him over to ddwrt, I would do it, as I find it works better.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 30 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: