WZR-HP-AG300H - Issues / Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
DiSTURBED_oNE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:17    Post subject: WZR-HP-AG300H - Issues / Questions Reply with quote
Hello everyone, this is my first post here so go easy on me. If there is something I am not going right or including in my thread/post please let me know.

I have recently upgraded/purchased a Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H (US Version).
I have previously been using the WHR-G125 with the Stable version of DD-WRT.

I tried to copy and paste most the the settings from the old router to the new router, however some things now do not work.

For clarification I am using DD-WRT (Community version) Build 16994 on the WZR-HP-AG300H.

The main thing that is not working it access to my modem configuration.

Previously I following this guide:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Access_To_Modem_Configuration

This worked on my old router using the stable version of DD-WRT, however with the new router the following happens.

When I include the following line in my firewall script:

Code:

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan_ifname` -j MASQUERADE

I cannot access the Internet (WAN), I can however access the Modem configuration.

Previously on the old router, I could access the internet and the modem config, but not with the new build/router.

Second question is:
Moving from Wireless G to Wireless N, I expected to have a significant speed increase using wireless. But I have found that even though, my laptop is connecting (via 5GHz radio) to the router at 300 mbps, the actual samba transfer rates are around 6-7 MB/s.

My wireless settings and tests are using the following configuration:

- 2.4 GHz radio disabled.
- 5 GHz settings are:
* N Only
* Turbo (40 MHz)
* Auto (channel)
* lower

Distance form the laptop is about 2 meters with a thin plaster wall between.

DD-WRT status showing 270-300 mbps TX and RX.

Is 7-8 MB/s samba transfer rate normal over wireless N?

Last question, I have flashed to the community version of DD-WRT, if I wanted to go back to the Buffalo Professional Version of DD-WRT, how would I do this?

I understand that there is a file called: wzrg300nh_original.bin that will allow you to install the Buffalo firmware on a WZR-HP-G300H but will this work on a WZR-HP-AG300H also?

Thank you everyone in advance.
Sponsor
broly10000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same problem here with a WHR-HP-G300N. My WAN would be wireless to another router, normal AP mode with the WAN on the WAN por works fine.

And I'm having the same issue with the Bandwidth too. Tried configuring the antennas as 1+2 on Tx and Rx and the transfer rate was from 4MB/s to 6MB/s. After changing it to 1+2+3 it bumped to 7MB/s to 9MB/s. I belive this is due to 300mbps iw 300/8/2= 18.75MB/s max real bandwidth, because wireless is half duplex.
DiSTURBED_oNE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any idea how to fix my problem with accessing my modems web interface?

Does anyone have a alterative command I can use?

To recap, I followed this guide:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Access_To_Modem_Configuration

This line blocks the WAN interface so I cannot access the internet:
Code:
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan_ifname` -j MASQUERADE

I am using build 16994. If no one can help me, maybe I should log this as a bug.
onix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am curious if you both still are using Buffalo and found a firmware and hack that works. Buffalo routers do not seem well supported by DD-WRT, or maybe the user base is just too small.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firewall scripts have been broken in DD-Wrt since sometime in the 2010 builds. This may have been corrected recently, but not before 7/2011. If you need to adjust the iptables, I would suggest firmware in 2009 or earlier. However, such firmware probably wouldn't support the AG300H or the G300NH.
DiSTURBED_oNE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Handyman007 wrote:
Firewall scripts have been broken in DD-Wrt since sometime in the 2010 builds. This may have been corrected recently, but not before 7/2011. If you need to adjust the iptables, I would suggest firmware in 2009 or earlier. However, such firmware probably wouldn't support the AG300H or the G300NH.

Thanks for the reply Handyman007.

You are right, those of us who use the new Buffalo routers cannot use the older DD-WRT builds Sad

However I believe if the tutorials/documentation on the DD-WRT Wiki is wrong then it should be updated to reflect the correct information.
I mean what is the point of it, if the imformation is all outdated and wrong?

Almost makes me want to buy an second hand Linksys WRT600N so I can use the old MEGA builds.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Handyman007 wrote:

What type of non-sense is this? Firewall scripts broken? Clarify?

Last i knew, and this is in every build i used last year and this year, if you script an iptables ruleset and save it as firewall it works, not sure what you are talking about or if you even know what you are talking about. You may perhaps have a loopback problem, but firewall scripts are not broken.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
onix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 17:10    Post subject: Orphaned Atheros hardware Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Handyman007 wrote:

What type of non-sense is this? Firewall scripts broken? Clarify?

I concur. But I share the confusion of many. Now that I have an AG300H, I do not know what firmware (DDWRT, Tomato, Buffalo, etc) and version to put on it, and what works and what doesn't.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone confirm that the firmware quoted above will be OK with a Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H and if so, could they provide a link to the download? I have only just obtained my new router and I don't want to risk bricking it just yet, but I do want to get SAMBA working so that I can use my memory stick in the USB port. I did do a search on the downloads page but my model of router wasn't listed.

One other query; would the model I have here in the United Kingdom have any particular issues with the firmware that wouldn't for instance be apparent in the US hardware, or are they basically the same except for maybe the voltage/frequency of the AC power supply?
habeIchVergessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
build 19342
Adub
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
The recommend stable version is 18024 according to the Wiki (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-AG300H).

However, you can try 19342 if you are feeling adventurous.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have not edited in the newer 19342 build into the AG300H wiki because openvpn in it is not functioning, on 18024 or 18777 it is, so if you use VPN and want a working one, i would use the 18024 or 18777 builds, when openvpn is fixed i will then edit the newer working build into the wiki.

If you don't use openvpn, then i highly recommend 19342 as its wireless seems much better than the 18024 or 18777 builds.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
habeIchVergessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
openvpncl shut down whole firewall in build 18024.
in build 19342 openvpncl works well (firewall incl.).
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
habeIchVergessen wrote:
openvpncl shut down whole firewall in build 18024.
in build 19342 openvpncl works well (firewall incl.).

Good to know, but when one of the devs here, specifically one that works on the openvpn system says its buggy, i believe him.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156583

habeIchVergessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
pptp is odd microsoft crap. today they recommending l2tp.
openvpn is quite different.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: