E3000 Router - cannot get anything to connect to N band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
RKramkowski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 16:57    Post subject: E3000 Router - cannot get anything to connect to N band Reply with quote
I'm running a Linksys E3000 with the Broadcom BCM4716 Rev1 chipset. I've flashed it with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/26/10) big - build 15508 NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko.

I have nine devices, 4 with G adapters, 5 with N adapters - all diferent makes and models. Everything is connected to the G band right now and nothing I do can get any of the N devices to connect to the N band. I've followed the N configuration guide and nothing seems to work.

I've configured the router for both N and G.

WL0 mode is AP, network is NG Mixed, Channel 11, channel width 20, 71mW xmit, 48Mbps rate, encryption is WPA2 Personal, enabled.

WL1 mode is AP, network is N-Only (5 GHz), Channels 56+54, but set to auto, channel width 40, 71mW xmit, 300Mbps rate, encryption is WPA2 Personal, enabled, control channnel = upper.

If I set WL0 to G-only, nothing connects at all to either band.

I've also noticed that many devices do not have a good signal even though the E3000 is supposed to have good range. How far can I increase Tx power without generating excess heat? Is there anything I should be looking at to improve the signal and reliability of xmit/receive?

But more importantly, how can I get my N devices to use the N band of the router?

Should I consider flashing a newer version than 15508?

Thanks,
Bob
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: