Support Request - Belkin N 750 DB - F9K1103 v1 (01A)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
billmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:07    Post subject: Flashing Reply with quote
Hello would you flash this wirelessly I haven't had anyluck connecting with an Ethernet cord
Sponsor
bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
fwiw, if you are having problems installing the new Padavan/Radmir firmware from the stock GUI, you should try flashing the smaller 'nano' build in the first instance via the stock Belkin GUI.

If this fails, then you may want to have a read at this older message.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=139046&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285

It suggests flashing 072 build which seems to bypass the product ID check. Once 072 is installed, you should be able to update to a later build.

Do so at your own risk.
billmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
No I haven't even tried yet,I updated the stock firmware to the latest wirelessly so will prob give it a try.
tdbone1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware Version 1.10.16n (2012/12/12 3:46:9)
Boot Version 1.7.4
Hardware F9K1103 v1 (01A)

will "Padavan/Radmir firmware" work with my device?
do i have to flash a nano through the gui 1st?
will i lose my mac address that matches sticker on bottom of router?

thanks
hope the firmware is compatible
bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
In my experience, I recall the serial no. is deleted, and the default belkin SSID and passphrase do change, if you install the Padavan firmware and subsequently try to return to stock Belkin firmware expecting everything to return to normal.

The MAC address also changes when using Padavan firmware. I can't remember what MAC address appears if you subsequently return to using Belkin stock firmware.
MichaelB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 21:55    Post subject: Belkin N750 F9K1110V1 and Padavan BN750DB_3.4.3.8-086_base Reply with quote
Just want to share my experience with this forum since the forum was very helpful.

Just bought a Belkin N750 F9K1110V1. Great router with greater range than the Linksys EA6500 it replaced. However, router would hang weekly and I had to disconnect/reconnect power to restart.

As per info from an earlier post in this forum, I flashed it with Padavan firmware / BN750DB_3.4.3.8-086_base (released November 3, 2014).

Flashed ok, but lost internet connectivity. Got amber LED (instead of blue.) I could attach wired and wireless devices, but none to connect to internet.

I powered down router, tried factory reset on router, and also tried to power down router and modem (a Cisco DPC3825) all to no avail. EXCEPT...

What actually worked was to leave router powered on, and just cycle modem power. Took a minute but router now has blue LED and internet has been working fine since.

Its only been a couple of days, but so far so good.

Thanks everyone.
stk2008
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all I am new here as you can tell.

Well I have the N750 and I installed Padavan custom firmware.

I am on version 85 I think though I have seen version 87 is out now any reason for me to upgrade at all?.

I must say this firmware is amazeing it really is.

With stock firmware I would get hangs and all sorts with this I aint restarted in 1.5 months and still going strong :O.

It seems to be low on memory its at 20MB and never seems to clear spare memory sop maybe I should restart to help that but I get no issues.

So any way to see change logs for latest builds?

Thanks all
rajivmishra13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a quick one...is PANDAVAN/RADMIR firmware available for BELKIN AC 12000 DB router ??

thanks
bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reply to MichaelB:

Probably the reason why you had to power cycle your modem to get an internet connection, is because the MAC address on WAN port your Belkin was changed after flashing from stock to Padavan/Radmir firmware. It is often normal practice to power cycle the modem if you change the router or if you change the MAC address, when using DHCP (IPoE) WAN type connection.

Reply to stk2008:

I understand 085 is current stable build. 086 and I think 087 are called 'Nightly' builds. ie. experimental.

Reply to rajivmishra13:

I don't believe there is any Padavan-based custom firmware for any Belkin AC router. This is because the F9k1113 uses a Broadcom SoC, not RaLink.
stk2008
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah I see thanks for the reply mate Smile

I shal stick to the stable for now as I am having ZERO issues with it I cant beleive how stable this router is with this firmware its like a whole different router.

Thanks again Smile

P.S

Any change logs for the builds ?

Thanks again Smile
bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you seen this page for the change log:

http://rt-n56u.googlecode.com/git/changes.eng.txt
stk2008
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Smile

I have another question if I may?.

I have a Belkin N750 with Padavans awesome firmware installed version 85.

I have an hard drive connected to USB and it works great I have full access VIA FTP and network but here is my problem.

I havefour folders within the network on the hard drive

my folder

my wifes folder

my sons

my daughters

I have films in my folder that I dont want to kids to be able to see EG horros etc etc

But off course in my kids folders are films I would like them to be able to access.

I have enabled restrict access to account only but this wont work.

I need a way to restrict the folders EG my folder and my wifes but till leave my kids folders open and not reqiure any password etc.

I cant seem to asign restriction to folders for different users?.

only read write restrictions whice does not help or am I missing some thing?

Thanks
bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not the best person to answer the question in full, because I have only briefly tested 'FTP share' on 084_base build with a USB pen drive.

fwiw, I recalled I did not have any issues.

I presume you did expand the directory tree to reveal the list of folder names to which you wished to assign RW, R or No access permissions ?

eg. flash drive containing folders:
folder1
folder2

two FTP usernames:
userA
userB

userA given RW access to folder1 & folder2.

userB given R access to folder1, and No access to folder2.

I encountered a problem where the flash drive was mounting and dismounting frequently when 084_base Nightly build was installed on a Samsung CY-SWR1100, which was why I abandoned using the USB port for file sharing.
iamsamsamiam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 15:04    Post subject: SMB issues Reply with quote
All firmwares after .084 seem to have a little issue for me. After a reboot most of the time I need to turn SMB off and back on from the router's menu in order for my shares to be usable again. I originally thought that .085, .086, and .087 was broken and always reflashed .084 for my shares to work again but it just took needed to be toggled off and on for the SMB shares to work again.

.084 didn't have this problem though. Every restart of the router on the older firmware didn't break SMB. It only seems that everything after that version has an issue for me.
swopdido
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi, i just downloaded the firmware 087, flashed it but i can't find my router to connect to it, the blue LED is on, i can't see the wifi SSID and when connecting through LAN it says, unindentified network, please help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 37 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: