Support Request - Belkin N 750 DB - F9K1103 v1 (01A)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
gabaka wrote:
Pats4life,please provide another link for firmware.

Bitbucket accidentally overwrote the files, and believe it or not I don't have them anymore in my pc. If someone has kept them please send me a DM so I can re-upload them. As soon as Padavan finishes version 100 I will compile new builds.
Sponsor
JayBizzle44
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
pats4life wrote:

Bitbucket accidentally overwrote the files, and believe it or not I don't have them anymore in my pc. If someone has kept them please send me a DM so I can re-upload them. As soon as Padavan finishes version 100 I will compile new builds.

Any luck with locating new files or any chance of compiling version _99 builds for us again? It was just my luck I found this thread JUST before your files disappeared from BitBucket. I had to flash one or two older versions in order to be able to flash the newer stuff. I then went to download BN750DB_3.4.3.9-099 the next day and discovered the files had disappeared from BitBucket.

I'm currently running 096_base which to my understanding doesn't have QoS enabled. I have a low bandwidth DSL connection that has some serious bufferbloat issues I'm trying to resolve. I'm wondering if the fq_codel algorithm might be able to help with it. Based on reading it seems the Cake codel might be better suited for low bandwith but I'm willing to give fq_codel a try since that seems to be my only option at this point.

I'm completely new to this all so forgive me if this is a stupid question. If and when I'm able to install one of your compiled builds I'm assuming I have to write and run some sort of sqm or QoS script to "activate" fq_codel? A script I would implement via the router's admin section: (Advanced settings>Customization>scripts)?

Any help with writing a script? I've spent a couple days googling stuff but most of the walkthroughs and tutorials are for turning things on and using a GUI via Openwrt etc.
Either that or the info I found gets into some deeper Linux stuff that goes waaay above and beyond what I and this router are capable of. Wink

I've found a QoS script generator I've played around with, but I don't think it works with my current firmware build anyway. Any help is greatly appreciated. _096 and the Padavan based firmware are already a 10x improvement over the stock firmware's interface. I despised that clunky firmware that was slow, buggy and would often lock me out and require a reset. I'm very excited to try some of your builds!
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
JayBizzle44 wrote:
pats4life wrote:

Any luck with locating new files or any chance of compiling version _99 builds for us again? It was just my luck I found this thread JUST before your files disappeared from BitBucket. I had to flash one or two older versions in order to be able to flash the newer stuff. I then went to download BN750DB_3.4.3.9-099 the next day and discovered the files had disappeared from BitBucket.

I'm currently running 096_base which to my understanding doesn't have QoS enabled. I have a low bandwidth DSL connection that has some serious bufferbloat issues I'm trying to resolve. I'm wondering if the fq_codel algorithm might be able to help with it. Based on reading it seems the Cake codel might be better suited for low bandwith but I'm willing to give fq_codel a try since that seems to be my only option at this point.

I'm completely new to this all so forgive me if this is a stupid question. If and when I'm able to install one of your compiled builds I'm assuming I have to write and run some sort of sqm or QoS script to "activate" fq_codel? A script I would implement via the router's admin section: (Advanced settings>Customization>scripts)?

Any help with writing a script? I've spent a couple days googling stuff but most of the walkthroughs and tutorials are for turning things on and using a GUI via Openwrt etc.
Either that or the info I found gets into some deeper Linux stuff that goes waaay above and beyond what I and this router are capable of. Wink

I've found a QoS script generator I've played around with, but I don't think it works with my current firmware build anyway. Any help is greatly appreciated. _096 and the Padavan based firmware are already a 10x improvement over the stock firmware's interface. I despised that clunky firmware that was slow, buggy and would often lock me out and require a reset. I'm very excited to try some of your builds!

Yes, thanks to Haytona I was able to re-upload the 099 base version.

In the limited tests I did I was able to obtain amazing results with fq_codel on a 60/6 docsis 3.0 connection. I believe it will have the same or better effect on dsl.

You do have to write a script. I wrote a very simple one, based on a few available online, it was less the 15 lines. I'm sure someone with more knowledge would achieve even better results, but as I showed in my previous posts I was able to reduce the latency under load by more than 10 fold with just a minor ~3% loss in maximum download speeds. I can't recall if the 099 base build available for download was compiled with or without QoS. You should test anyways, make sure that NAT hardware acceleration is disable first.
stk2008
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06    Post subject: Port Forwarding Reply with quote
Hi all please please can you help me I am pulling my hair out here.

When I used the older versions of this great firmware I think it was version 86 I was able to port forward.

But now with versions 96 and 99 etc I cant.

I read its to do with NAT? if I disable NAT I then cant even access the internet.

Please can you advise what I need to do Sad

Thanks

EDIT

Just reinstalled version 86 and still cant see port 2302 open using one of them online port checking things.

Damn it I am lost here no idea:(
prtetu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 20:50    Post subject: Not sure I am in the right topic or even forum... Reply with quote
I found this thread for a google search and thought it might have some answers for me. I own the F9k1109v1 which seems to be relatively similar, from the little I can tell.

I get similar latency and upload speeds through wi-fi as I do through hard-wiring to the router, however the download speed is maybe 2-5% of what I would expect.

Cox and Belkin both want to charge me a fee to get the network working properly and I am not sure what to do besides try to post in relevant topics on tech forums to enter my plea for help.

I can't help but think it is a very simple solution or a very simple answer: Disable such-and-such features, restart OR get a different router.
anika200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
pats4life wrote:
Padavan just finished version 099. I compiled 3 builds this time. https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads

First, Thank you pats4life. Smile

Whoops, ignore the below comment as I just now realize your files are gone. I will wait for version 1.

Quote:
Now, when I visit the link there appears to only be one build in the downloads section of bitbucket.
Can you please post the other files so I may download the dlna version?
Currently the only one offered for download is the base version.

Thank you
tdbone1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have the n750 db (F9K1103 01A)
currently on " Firmware Version 1.10.17 (2014/3/13 1:52:6)"

i installed "BN750DB_3.4.3.9-099_base.trx"
at this location "https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads"

i dont remember seeing that asus interface before O_o
love it.
everything seems to be flowing great so far.

i just did a restore factory defaults on the stock 1.10.17 fw and let it reboot and settle in for about 5mins
i then chose upgrade fw and selected that BN750DB_3.4.3.9-099_base.trx seemed to flash without a hitch

hope i did all correct. seems like all is good
ps does the cable modem (when set to disable nat) and wired to the router get setup how in the belkin network config?
swopdido
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone able to use aidisk feature?i use ddns, the domain is updated correctly since i can ping it and it gives my public ip howver when i click on the generated ftp link it just gives a busy/can't reach hosr server error
tdbone1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have the asus .99 installed and am pc lan cable to router.
router is auto dhcp and cable modem nat = off

i have 2 android phones (GS5 and Note 3)
both can do 2.4 and 5GHz and sometimes i have one on the 2.4 and one on the 5
i havent had any problems with disconnects.
the 2.4ghz GS5 run groove ip / google voice and it works pretty good

i have not downloaded huge files off the net through that connection but i do lots of speed test and i max out my speed which is about 30mbps
same as my corded computer

no wifi resets.

i also want to complement and make a suggestion about the "Open VPN" area of the asus .99 firmware

totally works awesome with openvpn from vyprpn and i assume others too.

the most current guide needs to be updated as i dont think you have to do the extra add on scripts like the guides suggest.

all i had to do is enter the correct info in the vpn client area of router and fill it in.

could someone verify this?
when i do the vyprvpn test link it says im perfect but afraid im not because in latest guides they all say to have those extra scripts added

if so for the login and pass area in the guide it says add it in the startup script but which one is it in the customize area?
pre initialize
after initialization
etc....
there is no "start up script" area like in orig dd-wrt firmare

btw cant wait for 1.0 !!
r0t3ch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought this router, and want to use a custom firmware
Which version do I use?
The Radmir this link?
https://yadi.sk/public/?hash=JI5isJRE9poJ%2FJV5KS3jTRClJfjm8hxzMec6%2FUdmdEM%3D%3A%2FF9K1103
Or pats4life?
https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads
What is the difference between them?
Can I upgrade directly from Belkin firmware?

*I apologize for my bad English
mrsalmanaziz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
r0t3ch wrote:
I bought this router, and want to use a custom firmware
Which version do I use?
The Radmir this link?
https://yadi.sk/public/?hash=JI5isJRE9poJ%2FJV5KS3jTRClJfjm8hxzMec6%2FUdmdEM%3D%3A%2FF9K1103
Or pats4life?
https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads
What is the difference between them?
Can I upgrade directly from Belkin firmware?

*I apologize for my bad English

Firstly i want to thank Padavan for doing such hard work to build this Kickass firmware for community.
@r0t3ch
i used 2nd one, but i was not able to install base version properly because official belkin firmware was not accepting the base version(i don't know why), so what i actually did i installed the qos version and voila it did accept the qos firmware, i wanted to use transmission so i did install dlna. i used the version 099_dlna.trx. your English is fine.
i want to share one thing which really surprised me is the usb speed,on official firmware usb speed with gigabit ethernet was 7~9 MBps, but now after Padavan happend its jumped to 24MBps read write both.
Padavan rocks, hail Padavan.
Greetings from Pakistan
shivasiddharth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to thank the developers for this firmware. Actually wanted to move to the DD-wrt for installing adblocker in the router itself.
Has anybody done this for the Belkin N750 with Padavan's firmware.??
r0t3ch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is possible to have shaiport or MPD running on Padavan/pats4life?
How to? Please. Smile
tradenet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 14:39    Post subject: miniupnpd[579]: accept(http): Too many open files Reply with quote
I've installed "BN750DB_3.4.3.9-099_base.trx"
at this location "https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads"

Is this susceptible to miniupnpd[579]: accept(http): Too many open files bug discussed here:

https://github.com/wl500g/wl500g/issues/352

I am getting exactly the same issue as described. 100% CPU usaged and miniupnpd log flooding. ?? Shocked Question
Atredies
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:10    Post subject: Newer build Reply with quote
Hi @pats4life,
Thank you very much for giving second life for this router.

I have latest Padovan's version installed on my MI Mini router and would like to have same on the Belkin.

Few bugs were fixed (including one above this post) since the last posted version and I was wondering if you can or intend to release an update.

Thank you again for your time and your help for the community.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 48 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: