Support Request - Belkin N 750 DB - F9K1103 v1 (01A)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
pharonyk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great firmware!

Any way to throttle speeds? Per MAC address or ip-ranges would be perfect; however, if it's overall throttling, I'll be fine with that also.

I've looked around and saw people managing to get QoS to work with a script but given no tutorial (to newbies like me) on how to actually achieve this. Highly appreciated if anyone could give instruction.
Sponsor
jewshawn2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
pats4life thank you for picking up radmir's good work. These instructions are very much appreciated. Hopefully you will continue to provide firmware updates.

But I'm going to try compiling the firmware myself. Very Happy

pats4life wrote:
If anyone is interest in compiling 098 it's very simple, just follow the instructions on the git. Before you compile you have to patch 3 .diff files. Radmir stores them here:https://app.box.com/s/2wxyv4cjdgd52m4a1wzd
Inside the folder old there is a file named N750.tar.gz, unpack it and you will find 4 .diff, you need to patch "mkimage" to /opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mkimage, also patch "image.h" to /opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/include. The last file you need is Makefile.diff, this patch won't work because Padavan has modified the source file. You will have to manually make the change, it's just one word in the penultimate line of the file. After you modify all 3 files you can compile the firmware.
CompuPro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 16:13    Post subject: Belkin N750DB F9k1103 v1 Reply with quote
Sorry if this has been discussed before and I am a little bit of a newbie. I have installed DD-WRT firmware on a Linksys router without a problem.

But when I try to upgrade to the 99 firmware I found in your forum it tells me the firmware is not compatible and will not install.

So I guess I am looking for the install steps to take advantage of this great firmware everyone here seems to be talking about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance...
CompuPro
Mussels
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
just snagged one of these routers free, on its way to a bin as the previous owner upgraded.

custom firmware installed just fine and now it has a shiny ASUS logo.

I saw someone mention transmission as a possibility for these - was that a specific firmware? How do we install that?
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Padavan is taking longer than usual to freeze a new build. I'm a little impatient and decided to compile a new 099 build. It contains many bug fixes and improvements. I already tested it and it runs fine. I uploaded to the git. https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads It's a base build, ipset is disabled however since it was failing to compile for some reason. If anyone needs Ipset or any other feature let me know and I will compile a new build.
jewshawn2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am getting the same error compiling the firmware from your repo and padavan's repo.

I know my Ubuntu setup worked last month when I created a test firmware from padavan's repo.

Code:

gcc -I. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -O2 -I/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2 -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG    -c -o read_fs.o read_fs.c
gcc -I. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -O2 -I/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2 -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG    -c -o sort.o sort.c
gcc   mksquashfs.o read_fs.o sort.o  -lz -lm -L/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2/lzma443/C/7zip/Compress/LZMA_Alone -L/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2/lzma443/C/7zip/Compress/LZMA_C -lpthread -lunlzma_r -llzma_r -lstdc++ -lz -o mksquashfs
gcc -I. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -O2 -I/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2 -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG  -U_REENTRANT   -c -o unsquashfs.o unsquashfs.c
gcc   unsquashfs.o  -lz -lm -L/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2/lzma443/C/7zip/Compress/LZMA_Alone -L/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2/lzma443/C/7zip/Compress/LZMA_C -lunlzma -lz -o unsquashfs
make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2/squashfs3.2-r2/squashfs-tools'
cp -fa squashfs3.2-r2/squashfs-tools/mksquashfs ../bin/mksquashfs_lzma-3.2
cp -fa /opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2/lzma443/C/7zip/Compress/LZMA_Alone/lzma_alone ../bin/lzma_alone
make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_lzma-3.2'
make -C mksquash_xz-4.0 install
make[2]: Entering directory '/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_xz-4.0'
( cd /opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_xz-4.0/../xz ; ./autogen.sh )
+ autopoint -f
./autogen.sh: 17: ./autogen.sh: autopoint: not found
Makefile:277: recipe for target '/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_xz-4.0/../xz/configure' failed
make[2]: *** [/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_xz-4.0/../xz/configure] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools/mksquash_xz-4.0'
Makefile:22: recipe for target 'install' failed
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/rt-n56u/trunk/tools'
Makefile:164: recipe for target 'tools' failed
make: *** [tools] Error 2
root@ubuntu16:/opt/rt-n56u/trunk#
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
pats4life wrote:
Padavan is taking longer than usual to freeze a new build.

Padavan works at Zyxel now and can't update project very often.
jewshawn2 wrote:
I am getting the same error compiling the firmware from your repo and padavan's repo.

It's due to Ryzhov's commits. As workaround you can update automake to 1.15 version.

My latest builds in F9K1103/nightly folder https://yadi.sk/d/6ttXcerpJ2hg3
jewshawn2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
radmir wrote:
pats4life wrote:
Padavan is taking longer than usual to freeze a new build.

Padavan works at Zyxel now and can't update project very often.
jewshawn2 wrote:

It's due to Ryzhov's commits. As workaround you can update automake to 1.15 version.

My latest builds in F9K1103/nightly folder https://yadi.sk/d/6ttXcerpJ2hg3

Thank you radmir and welcome back. I was already on automake 1.15. I fully upgraded to the latest ubuntu packages. But still failed at the same place, got the same error. I'll try to compile the firmware again when padavan releases the next firmware.

Code:
root@ubuntu16:/opt/rt-n56u/trunk# apt show automake
Package: automake
Version: 1:1.15-4ubuntu1
Priority: optional
Section: devel
Source: automake-1.15
Origin: Ubuntu
radmir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
jewshawn2 wrote:
I was already on automake 1.15. I fully upgraded to the latest ubuntu packages.

You need autopoint. It may be included in gettext-devel package on Ubuntu but I'm not sure.
Atredies
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 16:25    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote
I've installed the latest version two weeks ago. After two weeks I can say that all is good and the router is working better then before.
One question though: Can I set up the front LED to behave like in stock? I tried to set it up the colors according the internet connection but the LED stays off all the time.
Thank you for your time and contribution.
eskaleeb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 17:49    Post subject: Re: Repeater setuptutorial (or tips) Reply with quote
Upload the file referenced below, I get the following error message:

"Upgrade file is not the correct type of version for this device.
Upgrade failed.
Please obtain the correct file and try again."

My model version is F9K1116v1. Any suggestion?

pats4life wrote:
brbones wrote:
is there a configuration tutorial for the Belkin N750 using the modified DD-WRT builds?
the gui is different than the write-ups I have found and the setup I have tried does not seem to work so far.
I am trying to move my wired media server upstairs while the modem/primary router is downstairs (with no current way to run a wire) and I have the Belkin router which has just been sitting around recently.

Thanks

First of all, there is no DD-WRT build for the N750, the firmware in this thread is a compatible version of a firmware made by a developer named Padavan for some ralink based Asus routers. You can find his code here: https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u.
There is no tutorial for it that I'm aware of, but you don't need it. If you are using the factory firmware you just have to flash this file:https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads/BN750DB_3.4.3.9-099_base.trx.
It's just like as if you were updating the firmware. When it's done reset the router. Then go to 192.168.1.1, login and password will be "admin". You will find that the GUI is much improved over the factory firmware. Everything is self explanatory, don't be alarmed by the ASUS logo, as I said it is made originally for ASUS routers.
stk2008
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all please can some one help.

I have the latest firmware and some times when a lot of things are going on at the same time eg

Downloading
wife on FB VIA her android
me watching youtube
ETC
ETC

the router will just totaly die I have to restart it.

Or some times it wont die but it has a brain fart.

I read that it could be the NAT getting overloaded but tbh I have zero clue when it comes to this sort of thing.

I have tryed disabling the NAT but then I get no internet at all etc Sad.

Please advise

Thanks
swopdido
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI guys is the developpment dead?i have a question about openvpn as i would like to have a specific ip use through vpn while other ips connect through normal internet..any way to achieve it?
swopdido
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
pats4life wrote:
Padavan is taking longer than usual to freeze a new build. I'm a little impatient and decided to compile a new 099 build. It contains many bug fixes and improvements. I already tested it and it runs fine. I uploaded to the git. https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads It's a base build, ipset is disabled however since it was failing to compile for some reason. If anyone needs Ipset or any other feature let me know and I will compile a new build.

so there's no way to have the same gui as the asus with same functionality?i'm specificcaly looking at defined policies module when dealing with openvpn configuration
Atredies
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
swopdido wrote:
HI guys is the developpment dead?i have a question about openvpn as i would like to have a specific ip use through vpn while other ips connect through normal internet..any way to achieve it?

I'm not sure that this is the right place to ask this. You can google (or use internal search) for general DD-WRT forums and support. While this thread is about firmware updates and adaptation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 49 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: