Support Request - Belkin N 750 DB - F9K1103 v1 (01A)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
@pats4life

can you upload a default firmware build 098 from padavan? like radmir shared without any mode like QOS enabled. Thanks! i think radmir is inactive already Sad
Sponsor
theking01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Love this router and would love to see DD-WRT on it.goldenslot
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
0000008 wrote:
@pats4life

can you upload a default firmware build 098 from padavan? like radmir shared without any mode like QOS enabled. Thanks! i think radmir is inactive already Sad

Padavan doesn't compile builds for this router otherwise you could download directly from his repository. My builds are exactly Radmir's insofar they use Padavan's code with a few changes to make it compatible to the Belkin router. The QoS module is stock from Padavan's code, I just enabled it, it should not make any diference if you don't run a QoS script. Having said that, I did uploaded, a few days ago, a build with the base modules and with QoS disabled. If you downloaded the firmware this week you are already using a non-QoS build.

I also synced my repository with Padavan's today and just compiled a new build. It's a base build without QoS, it has all the latest commits, I am running it right now and it works perfectly. https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads/BN750DB_3.4.3.9-098.trx
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Padavan just finished version 099. I compiled 3 builds this time. If you need DLNA or Transmission use the DLNA build. If you need OpenVPN or USB use the Base build. If you don't need any of these use the Nano build. https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads
brbones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:31    Post subject: Repeater setuptutorial (or tips) Reply with quote
is there a configuration tutorial for the Belkin N750 using the modified DD-WRT builds?
the gui is different than the write-ups I have found and the setup I have tried does not seem to work so far.
I am trying to move my wired media server upstairs while the modem/primary router is downstairs (with no current way to run a wire) and I have the Belkin router which has just been sitting around recently.

Thanks
JerryWS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did the virustotal scan again. The first time, I uploaded the .trx file, and nothing was detected. I then extracted the files from the .trx container and then zipped them, one engine found something. This is most likely a false positive, but it's interesting how it happened just like with Radmir's version as well.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/bf9b4ed3eca43ac935c015d25bf8b892af47694a0dd8047c1646ce3465e2481c/analysis/1455023504/

Original Padavan version here:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0e244aa2f9c9f3943bde2fa04e2f09a362daff829e052292cfc35fbd57546d5e/analysis/1455024049/

pats4life wrote:
Padavan just finished version 099. I compiled 3 builds this time. If you need DLNA or Transmission use the DLNA build. If you need OpenVPN or USB use the Base build. If you don't need any of these use the Nano build. https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
JerryWS wrote:
I did the virustotal scan again. The first time, I uploaded the .trx file, and nothing was detected. I then extracted the files from the .trx container and then zipped them, one engine found something. This is most likely a false positive, but it's interesting how it happened just like with Radmir's version as well.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/bf9b4ed3eca43ac935c015d25bf8b892af47694a0dd8047c1646ce3465e2481c/analysis/1455023504/

Original Padavan version here:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0e244aa2f9c9f3943bde2fa04e2f09a362daff829e052292cfc35fbd57546d5e/analysis/1455024049/

pats4life wrote:

It's useless to run a antivirus scan on the firmware files since these scans are made to detect windows viruses. If someone tried to compromise the router through the firmware they wouldn't use a windows virus, or any virus for that matter, they would modify the files to create a backdoor. There is no scan available against that. The best you can do is compile the firmware yourself and, if you can, review the source code in search of a backdoor.
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:04    Post subject: Re: Repeater setuptutorial (or tips) Reply with quote
brbones wrote:
is there a configuration tutorial for the Belkin N750 using the modified DD-WRT builds?
the gui is different than the write-ups I have found and the setup I have tried does not seem to work so far.
I am trying to move my wired media server upstairs while the modem/primary router is downstairs (with no current way to run a wire) and I have the Belkin router which has just been sitting around recently.

Thanks

First of all, there is no DD-WRT build for the N750, the firmware in this thread is a compatible version of a firmware made by a developer named Padavan for some ralink based Asus routers. You can find his code here: https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u.
There is no tutorial for it that I'm aware of, but you don't need it. If you are using the factory firmware you just have to flash this file:https://bitbucket.org/pats4life/rt-n56u/downloads/BN750DB_3.4.3.9-099_base.trx.
It's just like as if you were updating the firmware. When it's done reset the router. Then go to 192.168.1.1, login and password will be "admin". You will find that the GUI is much improved over the factory firmware. Everything is self explanatory, don't be alarmed by the ASUS logo, as I said it is made originally for ASUS routers.
brbones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply.

I have already flashed the router.
I configured the router to match the modem/router configuration but it is not getting a connection (and often it interrupts the connection from the primary router).
so I was wondering if anyone has any configuration tips to set this up as a repeater to the comcast cable modem/router(without a physical cable to the primary router).

Thanks
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
brbones wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I have already flashed the router.
I configured the router to match the modem/router configuration but it is not getting a connection (and often it interrupts the connection from the primary router).
so I was wondering if anyone has any configuration tips to set this up as a repeater to the comcast cable modem/router(without a physical cable to the primary router).

Thanks

Ok, please clear the nvram first so you can start with fresh settings, you can do this in administration-settings-nvram-reset. Then you go to wireless settings, bridge, and set wireless operation mode to "ap-client + ap". There you can select the wifi channel and ssid of the network you're trying to connect to. Make sure that the wifi channel config in the main router is not set to Auto. This should be enough. In this configuration both routers will have DHCP servers, if you want to connect to devices in the other router you will have to set the belkin to ap mode in Administration - Operation Mode. After you do this you will not be able to access 192.168.1.1, to change settings after you set ap mode you will have to find the ip adress of the belkin given by the dhcp server of the main router, go your routers dhcp config page and look for the belkin and use this address to connect to the belkin.
brbones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was the trick, apparently I was overthinking it.

Thanks for the help!

Any idea why any network share connected to the repeater is asking for a username and password?
pats4life
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
brbones wrote:
That was the trick, apparently I was overthinking it.

Thanks for the help!

Any idea why any network share connected to the repeater is asking for a username and password?

Not sure, are they in the same subnet? Did you disabled the DHCP server and NAT in the Belkin? I am not familiar with network shares but, if the devices are in different subnets, they may be perceiving as some kind of external connection and asking for authentication. Check the ip addresses of the devices connected to the belkin and make sure that they are in the same subnet as the devices connected to the main router. And, if you haven't tried yet, put the belkin in Ap mode in administration-operation mode.
DarkKn8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 14:52    Post subject: aria2 install on transmission build Reply with quote
Is there a tutorial to install aria2 on the transmission build? Transmission works very well, but I need aria2 to direct http downloads to the router.
JerryWS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
pats4life wrote:

It's useless to run a antivirus scan on the firmware files since these scans are made to detect windows viruses. If someone tried to compromise the router through the firmware they wouldn't use a windows virus, or any virus for that matter, they would modify the files to create a backdoor. There is no scan available against that. The best you can do is compile the firmware yourself and, if you can, review the source code in search of a backdoor.

In fact, many virus scanners are detecting linux malware that are backdoors. Virustotal now even recognizes BIOS/UEFI files. But in the end, yes, the best way is to self-compile.
gabaka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pats4life,please provide another link for firmware.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 47 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: