Help with DIR-600 and dd-wrt firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
ivotkl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:43    Post subject: Help with DIR-600 and dd-wrt firmware Reply with quote
Hello. I wanted to ask you if you can please provide me a step by step "walkthrough" to set up my router. Every option not named for each tab you tell me to access to will be left blank. Thank you so much.
Sponsor
ivotkl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Network configuration request:
1) 1 Desktop connected to the Fast Ethernet Interface LAN 1 on the back of the router.
2) 1 Notebook connected to the Wireless Interface, which supports B and G standards, but not N.
3) WEP2 password encryption for both computers.
4) Disabled access for any computer whose MAC address does not match the one on the Notebook Wireless Interface and the Desktop Fast Ethernet 2nd layer addresses.
5) If there is a way, how to lower the speed of the Internet access for the Desktop to 1Mb but to keep the LAN speed between both of them at its full (I don' t think it will be possible since interfaces that transmit this are the same ones, but I still need to ask to make sure).
6) Routing does not need to be static.
7) Last but not least. I' ve been reading somewhere the router may get overheated with this firmware as it may push it a bit to the maximum. If it is not essential for me and does not affect my Internet and LAN speed' s , please let me know as well how to lower the overheating chance by changing the settings.

Thank you very much in advanced.
Greetings from Argentina.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: