Recovering a bricked Airlink AR670

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Jaco D
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:29    Post subject: Recovering a bricked Airlink AR670 Reply with quote
I flashed the router and tried to access it using its default 192.168.1.1 ip address (it's a fresh out of the box router)and couldn't get through. I then tried doing "arp -a" on the command line and get a "No ARP entries found".

Is this as good as a bricked router? Any suggestions for recovering/restoring it back to square one? Tried doing a search but couldn't find anything for this router.
Sponsor
koolaidluke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't say what firmware version you're using. Some of the more recent versions have a bug that disables your LAN ports. See if you can find the router on a wireless network. If you can, then you can use the wireless connection to log on and downgrade to a version that is known to work.

But I'm only guessing because you don't say what version you installed.

There's a very good and very long thread on the AR670W here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32995&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: