Support for: TP-LINK Model: TP-WA801ND

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
xterso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 17:10    Post subject: WA801ND V1 becomes inaccessible Reply with quote
Hello,

I am quite new with dd-wrt. I have a WA801ND V1 and flashed it successfully. Everything works fine except one thing.

I want to use it as a vpn gateway to e.g. hidemyass vpn. I set it up as PPTP and as soon as I set it up the device become inaccessible. DHCP service works, I can still get an ip but no ping and no access anymore. Then I had to reset the device.

As I said I am new at this. I tried all the options on the WAN setup and whatever I choose the device becomes inaccessible.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Sponsor
realjoshfreeman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 16:44    Post subject: Re: WA801ND V1 becomes inaccessible Reply with quote
xterso wrote:

As I said I am new at this. I tried all the options on the WAN setup and whatever I choose the device becomes inaccessible.

I'm seeing something similar to this too. I'm using a WA801ND v1.1 with the recommended dd-wrt version.

The WA801ND is set up by default as a simple bridging AP, which performs only the function of bridging its single Ethernet port to the WLAN interface. I'm trying to use dd-wrt to turn it into a home Internet gateway, where the single Ethernet port acts as a WAN port connecting to a cable modem, and the WLAN interface serves the private subnet.

Like the previous poster, I'm seeing that any setting other than "Disabled" for the WAN interface setup causes the admin interface to become inaccessible. I have to use the reset button to revert to the default configuration in order to get back in via either the wired or wireless interfaces.

I notice that in the Networking configuration, there is a bridge br0 configured by default with the interfaces eth1 and ath0 assigned to it. I assume that this is something that has to be changed in some way, because I don't want the wired and wireless interfaces bridged - I basically want to turn the LAN port into a WAN port. I've played with things a little bit, but I'm not there yet. So far, everything I've tried results in losing access to the admin interface.

There is also an eth0 interface in the list, and a couple of others that don't correspond to any external connection on the box. I don't know whether any of those are relevant.

I'm going to keep messing with it, but if anyone out there has been down this road and found the recipe, I'd love to hear about it. If I discover it, I'll post what I did.
xterso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:24    Post subject: Re: WA801ND V1 becomes inaccessible Reply with quote
realjoshfreeman wrote:
xterso wrote:

I'm seeing something similar to this too. I'm using a WA801ND v1.1 with the recommended dd-wrt version.

The WA801ND is set up by default as a simple bridging AP, which performs only the function of bridging its single Ethernet port to the WLAN interface. I'm trying to use dd-wrt to turn it into a home Internet gateway, where the single Ethernet port acts as a WAN port connecting to a cable modem, and the WLAN interface serves the private subnet.

Like the previous poster, I'm seeing that any setting other than "Disabled" for the WAN interface setup causes the admin interface to become inaccessible. I have to use the reset button to revert to the default configuration in order to get back in via either the wired or wireless interfaces.

I notice that in the Networking configuration, there is a bridge br0 configured by default with the interfaces eth1 and ath0 assigned to it. I assume that this is something that has to be changed in some way, because I don't want the wired and wireless interfaces bridged - I basically want to turn the LAN port into a WAN port. I've played with things a little bit, but I'm not there yet. So far, everything I've tried results in losing access to the admin interface.

There is also an eth0 interface in the list, and a couple of others that don't correspond to any external connection on the box. I don't know whether any of those are relevant.

I'm going to keep messing with it, but if anyone out there has been down this road and found the recipe, I'd love to hear about it. If I discover it, I'll post what I did.

Thanks, you gave me a hint. I tried and reached somewhere.

Unbridge ath0 and give it another ip address. This way the wireless will be your LAN port and you will be accessing to your device even if you set up a PPTP or one of others. I tried this and worked fine. But still I cannot make it connect to a remote vpn but this is another story.
xterso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:24    Post subject: Gotcha! Reply with quote
I got it working with TL-WA801ND as a VPN Client.

1. Unbridge ath0 and give it another ip address. (e.g. router ip is 192.168.1.1 and ath0 ip is 192.168.0.1)
2. Disable SPI firewall

Now you can setup a WAN connection according to your need.

I tried it with free vpn service SecurityKiss L2TP and it worked great.

That's it!
napsterbater
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
jaspras wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
compact72 wrote:
has anybody got this working for TL-WA801ND v3 yet?

Here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=989951#989951

nop! constant reboots...

Still hoping for v3 Support...

Pic of the label.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7R3j-dsH7oQb1lkZ210RlMwdEU
cobra82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:38    Post subject: upgrade Reply with quote
Hi KrypteX,

I've flashed your modified firmware on my TL-WA801ND v2 and now is recognized as TP-Link TL-WA901ND v3 with DD-WRT v3.0-r28072 (11/02/15) and work like a charm

Where I can get latest dd-wrt upgrade?

thank you

KrypteX wrote:
[color=red]I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28072 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA901ND v3, so that it will flash on a TL-WA801ND v2 running stock TP-Link firmware..

syman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
napsterbater wrote:
jaspras wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
compact72 wrote:
has anybody got this working for TL-WA801ND v3 yet?

Here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=989951#989951

nop! constant reboots...

Still hoping for v3 Support...

Pic of the label.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7R3j-dsH7oQb1lkZ210RlMwdEU

any update on the TL-WA801ND v3?
magicoddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 13:33    Post subject: switched from iphone with ip 192.168.1.1 in router ddwrt tl Reply with quote
switched from iphone with ip 192.168.1.1 in router ddwrt tl wa801 v2?
I can not acedere, I installed a 24-2013 firmware that allows me to connect only via wifi, unfortunately not succeed, but by selecting the pc wifi ddwrt within. why how can I fix.? Thanks Marco
nebadom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any update on the TL-WA801ND V3? I've seen some ways to add the OpenWRT but I'm quite fond of the DDWRT (1st time used was about 12 yrs ago!).

Anyone know how to make it work? I've read about using the firmware for 841nd v10 but there is no confirmation.
jamiec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:50    Post subject: FW for 801ND v2.1 Reply with quote
Hi all

has anyone got the fw to work on a 801ND v2.1 (UK)

Am wanting to try to tweak the output power but not sure which build to use

Thanks all

J
jamiec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:13    Post subject: latest build Reply with quote
Hi,

I have used the hex program to modify the latest FW for the 901v3 (06-01-17 r32170) to go onto the 801nd v2. Originally by Kryptex

I have not tested this at all yet but I include it here
cobra82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there any upgrade?

I've installed on my TL-WA801ND V2 this:

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r28072 std (11/02/15)

Can someone post last upgrade?
jimisballjohn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello there! I've just installed the cfw on my repeater and I need to solve the following:

I face problems when I am on my smartphone speaking through bluetooth. The sound is fine for around 4-5 minutes and then it becomes distorted, thus I can't hear what the person I am talking to is saying. I've searched on the gui, but didn't find the Bluetooth Coexistence Mode. Is this option removed from the latest firmware update?
mirra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I need DD-WRT to TL-WA801ND(EU) V5
Please help me Smile
xom813
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would also appreciate if v5 were to be supported.
Maybe i can help out with that? Provide a device or do some jtag welding?

OpenWRT guys managed to support it so i guess its just a matter of time until someone here does it as well.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: