Tp-link WR841ND v7.2 client mode not function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
wwhhing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:53    Post subject: Tp-link WR841ND v7.2 client mode not function Reply with quote
I and upgrade dd-wrt custom firmware on this wifi router. But i try to change it to client mode, it's not function at all. I did try reset and re-upgrade the firmware but it's still same.

Any ideal how to set for this model? Did search through the forum but seem like not support V7.

Anyone can assist?
Sponsor
matspe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Bump> Same problem here with TP-LINK WR841ND v7.2. Latest DD-WRT build will not enable the radio when set to client or bridge mode.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Spanky1408
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have got the same issue with this device (v 7.0). I have already tested the recommended build 15507 and the latest build 17201. It does not work...
rrgalvao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Exactly the same problem here. WR841ND V7.2
Everithing works fine except client and client bridge (routed) mode. Build 17201.
atomizasser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:12    Post subject: Same problem here! Reply with quote
+1

Same problem here! Any news?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
upgrade 1st

Some people already used the recent version 17???. Some other people reported different behavior (LED not working alongside client mode not working) of the hardware than v7.1/v7.0. Therefore, there is enough reason to think that the hardware is configured in at least a slightly different way than supposed to be. That's why people keep asking for update. Seemingly, at least a certain aspect that enables the client mode in the Atheros chip in the recent hardware versions of wr841nd has been altered. I'm not a hardware expert at all, and therefore I'm also waiting for an update....... like.... a half year.
rrgalvao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
rrgalvao wrote:
Exactly the same problem here. WR841ND V7.2
Everithing works fine except client and client bridge (routed) mode. Build 17201.

Installed OpenWRT on this AP and worked perfectly (ecxcept only for a little jitter) on client mode. I recommend it for everyone with WR841ND V7.2 trying to use it on the client repeater mode.
TpLink841NUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try to investigate this... Apparently is due to a problem during auth (see my topic "TP-Link WR841N 7.2 and wpa_supplicant" for further information)

The OpenWRT solution seem to be interesting. I read that dd-wrt is based on openWRT. Is it plan to update the openWRT base version to solve this ?
bierbrauer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problems, no way to connect the WR841ND (7.2) to an AP (I tried 2 different "fritzboxes", 7141 and 7270)...

Let's hope that this problem could be solved..
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
guys im using client mode on a daily basis on a wr74x to connect up customers and its working for months
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps we have a mistake in the configuration..

I tried the TP-Link WR1043ND (dd-wrt) also and here it works connecting to the Fritz!Box 7270 in client bridged mode, following the Howto: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=604628

With the same configuration the WR841ND can't connect to the AP. It's listed in the connected clients (on the 7270), but without an IP address..
So I don't think I've done something wrong in the configuration, because it workes with the WR1043nd, but perhaps I miss something..
bierbrauer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, sorry for that.. I thought that the connection to the access point is similar for client and client bridge. There seems to be a problem that the WR841ND is not able to connect to the AP. I only realized that the WR1043ND is able to connect with the same settings like the 841ND...
fociwm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
guys im using client mode on a daily basis on a wr74x to connect up customers and its working for months

Well, wr841nd v7.2 is apparently not the same model as wr74x.
2of1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client mode works perfectly for me (I've got a v7.2).
However client Bridge does not at all (it seems to be connected to the AP - just like in client mode - but seems unable to route the traffic, provide dhcp, etc. to connected clients).

As I really need these clients on the same subnet as my main router's AP (for media server) this is a huge issue for me.
Could anyone give some details on how to get client bridge working with OpenWRT? (Or a fix for DD-WRT would be best of course! Smile)
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: