Firmware for E1000 with OLSR support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kevmono
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 22:30    Post subject: Firmware for E1000 with OLSR support Reply with quote
Hi, I've purchased a number of E1000 routers (v1 and v2) in attempt to experiment with an OLSR mesh. Unfortunately I'm unable to find firmware with OLSR support built into them. Here is what I've attempted so far:

I'm flashing dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini or similar builds (no kaid, no hotspot, etc.) onto the router after flashing the initial trailed E1000v1 and E1000v2 variants. The upgrade works fine but I'm unable to find any mini firmware with OLSR built into it.

Once I gave up finding one I downloaded the firmware mod kit and extracted a number of different builds. I used ipkg to put a number of openwrt OLSR packages into the router and they install fine. Package the firmware back up.. flash.. and no OLSR within the web gui. The packages are there and I can see them if I console in and do a find, but without the GUI component. This is troublesome because I'm unsure of how to make OLSR operate without switching the routing mode to "OLSR Router." I also attempted to append the base.nvramconfig lines that have OLSR from a working package to my build with no luck..

I also have tried flashing dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD_mini and it resulted in a brick. I presume this is because the E1000 requires the NEWD-2, k26 build.. but I could be wrong. Looked at the K26 thread and it says E1000 supports it, but doesn't say it requires it..

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsor
kevmono
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump!
bwalker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:41    Post subject: Thought I had a brick, wifi and Cat 5 got it reflashed Reply with quote
I have 3 E1000v1's and 1 E1000v2... I got them working but needed Chillispot for my MDS mesh network. I messed up and put dd-wrt.v24-14929 NEWD-2 K2.6 mini hotspot.bin on them... this I thought bricked them... Turns out if I put a cat 5 cable and a wifi connection I could get their attention and could do a standard reflash (I had the power and the light for the port I cat 5'ed into lit).

So the 2nd try at upgrading I put dd-wrt.v24-17084 NEWD-2 K2.6 mini hotspot.bin and everything appeared to work! This was a bit scarey... I got the Routers for $20 each.

Here is where I found a lot of tools... and S/W
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: