Reverting to stock firmware on Netgear WNR2000 - problems!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
laidlow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:49    Post subject: Reverting to stock firmware on Netgear WNR2000 - problems! Reply with quote
Okay so after terrible performance on this router I've decided to return it and get another model to use as a bridge however I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the firmware back on.

Have got my PC setup with a static IP 192.168.1.9 -> Switch (helps timing on tftp) -> WNR2000

When I run "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT firmware.chk" I keep getting a timeout error, from what I've read I should be hitting enter as soon as I either see the ethernet lights on the router or as soon as I get a ping response with a TTL of 100 or 128. Tried this probably a hundred times and I still can't connect!

Tried TFTP2 as well, no joy there either. Anyone know where I'm going wrong? This is doing my head in!
Sponsor
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't have that router, but dd-wrt normally needs a bin file. Sometimes you have to rename your .chk file to make it a .bin file, but remember, if you brick your router, I did NOT tell you to do this.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: