repeater bridge and wan / load-balancing + fail-over

xet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 18:24    Post subject: repeater bridge and wan / load-balancing + fail-over Reply with quote
Hello

Is it possible to use my dd-wrt router both as a wireless repeater and gateway switch at the same time?

Currently, I am using dd-wrt in repeater-bridge mode, but the signal strength is not good enough to take advantage of all the internet bandwidth I have on my primary router.

I have also tried using a powerline adapter and dd-wrt as the gateway, and though it is considerably faster than what I get with wireless and has less delay, it is not completely reliable. I would need to unplug/plug the adapter once every couple of days.

I wonder if I can use a combination of the above and configure dd-wrt to take advantage of both connections. The benefits for me will be better speeds and less lag with powerline, more concurrent bandwidth (load balancing), and fail-over protection in case powerline goes down and I am not at home but need to access some resources behind the dd-wrt router while out.

Thanks
Sponsor
xet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: