Linksys/Cisco E2500 DD-WRT WORKING -Test Build Page 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
MisterDmG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, so, ummm....does my question get ignored? Is there a problem with VLAN and the build on page 9, or maybe just VLAN and this router? Why doesn't adding a LAN port to the WAN's VLAN allow me to get an IP address from my ISP on that port? Any ideas? Is this something I need to report somewhere as a bug in this version of code? Any help at all is appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsor
williambraski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:33    Post subject: Utter joke Reply with quote
You really need to add links to pertinent information related to the router someone looks up. As it is, serving up outdated, buggy garbage, and no links to specific details about the device is a joke. All told, you have a pretty useless creation in that look up tool.

Also, the lookup tool shows compatibility for this device as "Yes" though I find in the forums that it is really "experimental". It is irresponsible to make such a tool available to users.

If it is the expectation that folks should shuffle through your wiki and forums for hours before using your software, it should be clearly noted when using the lookup tool. The links offered up post search only serve up a download of the garbage firmware that borked this device.

And what in the hell does this error even mean:

Information

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is not posted. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".
UrbanVoyeur
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
williambraski

Ease up. Read the Announcements at the top of this board. They address several of your concerns.

And yes, all message board software occasionally times out of has submit errors, even phpBB. The error message was probably written by someone for whom English is not their first language. (only 90% of the world). Welcome to the internets.

wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:31    Post subject: Re: Utter joke Reply with quote
williambraski wrote:
You really need to add links to pertinent information related to the router someone looks up. As it is, serving up outdated, buggy garbage, and no links to specific details about the device is a joke. All told, you have a pretty useless creation in that look up tool.

Also, the lookup tool shows compatibility for this device as "Yes" though I find in the forums that it is really "experimental". It is irresponsible to make such a tool available to users.

If it is the expectation that folks should shuffle through your wiki and forums for hours before using your software, it should be clearly noted when using the lookup tool. The links offered up post search only serve up a download of the garbage firmware that borked this device.

And what in the hell does this error even mean:

Information

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is not posted. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".

If you read the stickies you'd be on the way to solving your problem instead of creating a problem.

The users of this forum and the people currently developing and supporting these devices FREE for you have no ability to edit the router database and a limited ability to edit the wiki pages.

that's why every user says to read the stickies, and the stickies tier to the wiki.

Even chimps can follow a two step process. read up on the pertinent information and stop wasting time complaining. It will get your nowhere but frustrated.
cdsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 19:03    Post subject: Re: Utter joke Reply with quote
Howdy,

I got my router bricked and was advised to get a TTL adapter, but now got the problem, that I can't locate where / how to connect the TTL Adapter.

This is my TTL Adapter:

http://www.onderka.com/2010/10/29/ttl-adapter-fur-usb-und-serielle-schnittstelle/

Original Thread:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=683448

I've seen the images in that thread, but can't figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jerome347
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 0:58    Post subject: Re: Utter joke Reply with quote
Try this link. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=152122&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=serial+e2500&start=15

I'm going to be working on the same thing this weekend at some point. I believe the VCC is supposed to connect up to the 3.3V on the TTL. If you do get it, you should share a picture or two of your work.
euphos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sucessfully flashed the pg9 firmware to my E2500 two nights ago. Then updated to the 04/07/12 18946 (dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin). Seemed to work okay at first. The 2500 is being used as a repeater bridge along with a WRT54GS V7.2 to the main AP which is a E4200 V1. Using Wifi Anyalizer on my tablet, it graphically shows the area wifi networks. All mine are shown, but the E2500 drops in and out. Stays on for 30 seconds, then drops out for 10 seconds. Then it's back again. All three routers are running the 18946 firmware.
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Search for a thread called "Everything you ever wanted to know about serial" and read the serial recovery wiki by Barry.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 15:23    Post subject: Removed: Reply with quote
Removed: Thanks for testing.

-Fractal

Last edited by Fractal on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:51; edited 1 time in total
habibalex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Fractal thanks for your work on this. Without this build I would have had to return the router because the stock linksys firmware was causing weird problems. I'm patiently waiting for the 5GHz. Router is working great. Keep up the good work.
Gi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 22:26    Post subject: Updated from 18946 Reply with quote
Hi Fractal - I flashed from dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin to your test bin from today without issue. Aside from the power light (which I did not have a problem with before, and it is working fine with your 19155 build also).

ssh server key now seems to stay the same after reboot / power cycle

Any other changes we should look for?

Thanks for your ongoing work on e2500 and other firmwares!
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 23:10    Post subject: Re: Updated from 18946 Reply with quote
Removed: Thanks for testing.

-Fractal

Last edited by Fractal on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:53; edited 1 time in total
Gi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 23:50    Post subject: wl interference setting Reply with quote
Cool - the interference setting dropped my noise from -86 (with mitigation disabled) to -90 with it enabled.
Not much change in speedtest for me, but I have only 15Mbps / 3.5 Mbps

I do notice that with 19155 Channel selection has only Auto as an option (don't know if that is intentional?) Smile
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 20:13    Post subject: Re: wl interference setting Reply with quote
Gi wrote:
Cool - the interference setting dropped my noise from -86 (with mitigation disabled) to -90 with it enabled.
Not much change in speedtest for me, but I have only 15Mbps / 3.5 Mbps

I do notice that with 19155 Channel selection has only Auto as an option (don't know if that is intentional?) Smile

Thanks for testing, found the changeset that breaks channel selection... ticket submitted.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2523

-Fractal
valir553
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to find out if whats on page 9 is the current build for the router? Ive been running it for a few months now, and am very impressed. Would like 5g's but ill take what I can get.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: