Linksys/Cisco E2500 DD-WRT WORKING -Test Build Page 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
zopostyle
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't have any problems at all, but my router (E2500) freeze after sometime.
I think that it has something to do with DHCP releases/renew, cause I change to 60 minutes and when it's getting closer my router freeze or it freezes faster.

I tried using 99999 minutes but it also freezes, when the day changes.
Sponsor
jacobfogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 16:26    Post subject: Any interesting settings? Reply with quote
I am just curious if you have done any interesting tweaks to your wifi settings? I still have my second e2500 flashed dd-wrt, so it'd be cake for me to test a few things out.

Are you using any kind of wifi security? what type of signal are you using (mixed, g-only, g/n only, etc)? Did you tweak any other interesting settings?

Thanks!
zopostyle
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 17:09    Post subject: Re: Any interesting settings? Reply with quote
jacobfogg wrote:
I am just curious if you have done any interesting tweaks to your wifi settings? I still have my second e2500 flashed dd-wrt, so it'd be cake for me to test a few things out.

Are you using any kind of wifi security? what type of signal are you using (mixed, g-only, g/n only, etc)? Did you tweak any other interesting settings?

Thanks!

the settings that are different from default is:
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Wireless Channel: 3
Channel Width: 20 mhz
Security Mode: WPA2 Personal
WPA Algorithms: TKIP+AES
Beacon Interval: 100

And I'm using MAC Filter and only permitting the client that I defined.
zopostyle
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 14:21    Post subject: Re: Any interesting settings? Reply with quote
jacobfogg wrote:

Thanks!

Which version of dd-wrt are you using? Can you give me the link? Mine always freeze...
jacobfogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 17:32    Post subject: 18946 Reply with quote
I am using the Eco 18946 build.
jacobfogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 17:48    Post subject: New version is out Reply with quote
The new build is out: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=155255&sid=55420f03cdbc8bff2cca5edc6132c922

I am about to install. I'll report back as to how things work.
zopostyle
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 13:41    Post subject: Re: New version is out Reply with quote
jacobfogg wrote:
The new build is out: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=155255&sid=55420f03cdbc8bff2cca5edc6132c922

I am about to install. I'll report back as to how things work.

Could not install on E2500...
jacobfogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:19    Post subject: Installed and happy Reply with quote
dd-wrt.v24-19298_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e2500.bin is flashed and all is once again good in the world of wifi!

I am getting 13mb/s down and 4mb/s up.

It's not the 40/7 that I get wired, but I was only getting 15/6 with stock wifi, and I've got my client bridge back up... so all is well in the world. At least for now. I just can't wait for the rest to get supported.
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:13    Post subject: Re: Installed and happy Reply with quote
jacobfogg wrote:
dd-wrt.v24-19298_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e2500.bin is flashed and all is once again good in the world of wifi!

I am getting 13mb/s down and 4mb/s up.

It's not the 40/7 that I get wired, but I was only getting 15/6 with stock wifi, and I've got my client bridge back up... so all is well in the world. At least for now. I just can't wait for the rest to get supported.

Did you flash this straight from the stock firmware or ?
Zacharybinx34
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
At this point, do you recommend the average joe using DDWRT for the 2500? or sticking with the newest Linksys firmware?

I mean, what are they losing/gaining by going with DDWRT at this point?
as9k11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed my E2500 with the 19298 build (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/25/12) std-usb-nas - build 19298) and it seems to work great.

I have a question about the maximum number of DHCP clients. The Linksys firmware had a maximum of 13 DHCP clients. dd-wrt allows a user to enter any number, but when I enter more than 13 (e.g. 20), everything goes to hell. Many (all?) clients lose internet access if they can even connect to the network. Is there some sort of hardware restriction that would cause this? Am I stuck only being able to connect 13 devices?

(please excuse any noob -- this is the first time I've run dd-wrt... I'm trying to get around the 13 DHCP client restriction)
Rares
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a noob question: does is have an option to boost signal strength ? 10x.
zopostyle
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 18:05    Post subject: Re: Any interesting settings? Reply with quote
zopostyle wrote:
jacobfogg wrote:

Thanks!

Which version of dd-wrt are you using? Can you give me the link? Mine always freeze...

Everything 100% with E2500, till now with build 19342...
Zacharybinx34
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
currently my e2500 is boot looping. I used TFTP and it says success, but then it stops bootlooping, but the power light stays blinking... forever.

Once I unplug the router and replug it back in, back to bootlooping.

Any ideas?
Zacharybinx34
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:54    Post subject: Re: Utter joke Reply with quote
williambraski wrote:
You really need to add links to pertinent information related to the router someone looks up. As it is, serving up outdated, buggy garbage, and no links to specific details about the device is a joke. All told, you have a pretty useless creation in that look up tool.

Also, the lookup tool shows compatibility for this device as "Yes" though I find in the forums that it is really "experimental". It is irresponsible to make such a tool available to users.

If it is the expectation that folks should shuffle through your wiki and forums for hours before using your software, it should be clearly noted when using the lookup tool. The links offered up post search only serve up a download of the garbage firmware that borked this device.

And what in the hell does this error even mean:

Information

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is not posted. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".

Did you ever find a way to un-brick your router?

I installed the E2500 DD-WRT Firmware that was on the website and it bricked my router. =/

I used TFTP and it says success, and then it quits bootlooping, but then the power light blinks forever. When I unplug it and plug it back in, back to bootlooping and the process starts all over again.

Any ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: