Linksys/Cisco E2500 DD-WRT WORKING -Test Build Page 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1..

I can not find the "like" button Smile

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
+1..

I can not find the "like" button Smile

agreed N66U down, now E2500/E3200 and it will be almost a perfect broadcom world.. Then all we need is AC broadcom driver commits to svn and then I can roll D1800h and AC66U

-Fractal
Whole Wheat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, im having alot of trouble trying to figure out how to fix my e2500 stuck in a bootloop.
Embarassed

Is this the jtag cable i need?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Olimex-ARM-JTAG-arm-jtag-programmer-debugger-wiggler-/271081241682?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3f1db37c52

What else will i need to reflash?

Thanks so much
Joho22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I am new but made sure to scour the forums first before I popped in here with a request.

So I just moved to Philly and started working from home and wifi was the best option.

Bought an e2500 and ddwrt'd it and thought I bricked it.
Tried using the one off the database and learned via the forum that was a no no.

Finally got into it.

Flashed it to the firmware image that is on page 9 of this thread and it works ... Sorta.

Wired connection I'm seeing crazy speeds on my server.
Wifi.... Not so much.

Speed test showing 0.02 down and 12 up
That's not a typo.

I tried enabling afterburner and working on only N but this just did squat.

Any ideas? Id really love to get ddwrt working correctly but I need to work in the morning so if I have to flash back I will. This is just maddening.
Joho22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whole Wheat wrote:
Hey, im having alot of trouble trying to figure out how to fix my e2500 stuck in a bootloop.
Embarassed

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Olimex-ARM-JTAG-arm-jtag-programmer-debugger-wiggler-/271081241682?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3f1db37c52

Thanks so much

Try the 30/30/30
Got me squared away enough that I could get into the web GUI and upgrade to the firmware on page 9.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whole Wheat wrote:
Embarassed

Thanks so much

If its in a boot loop, all you should need is a serial cable, not jtag, i would suggest a clone CA-42 cable, its what i mainly use.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
prjoni99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 16:56    Post subject: e2500-NP Reply with quote
Hello has anyone tried installing the firmware on this model e2500-np?

Thank you for all your help.
Whole Wheat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
If its in a boot loop, all you should need is a serial cable, not jtag, i would suggest a clone CA-42 cable, its what i mainly use.

Yes the 30/30/30 may work but i would still like to be able to connect with usb and mess around with other firmwares with no worries.

All the jtag cables i saw were 10 pin and i could only solder in 5.

Is this the correct way to connect it to a e2500?
http://sleclire.blogspot.ca/2010/09/clone-non-original-nokia-ca-42-cable.html
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whole Wheat wrote:

No, did you not see the pic? Its for a belkin, not a linksys e2500.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Whole Wheat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Whole Wheat wrote:

Could you please link the cable you are talking of?
rklarman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:23    Post subject: Another potential work around to reboot loop e2500 Reply with quote
I accidentally installed the build listed on the router database and bricked the E2500. I couldn't figure out the cable needed. I tried numerous connections and cables I had around.

I was actually able to recover by connecting the VCC(red) wire and Ground (Blk) wire in a normal USB cable to pins 1 and 5 respectively. This powered up the E2500 (without the power adapter attached). I was able to cable into the ethernet port and into my PC and accessed the dd-wrt login page. I set the password and flashed the 19342 build and was able to power up from the power adapter and all appears to be working well.

The USB cable was one for a phone/camera data connection. This powered the router from the USB port.

Whole Wheat wrote:
buddee wrote:
Whole Wheat wrote:

Gulkan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Joho22 wrote:
So I am new but made sure to scour the forums first before I popped in here with a request.

So I just moved to Philly and started working from home and wifi was the best option.

Bought an e2500 and ddwrt'd it and thought I bricked it.
Tried using the one off the database and learned via the forum that was a no no.

Finally got into it.

Flashed it to the firmware image that is on page 9 of this thread and it works ... Sorta.

Wired connection I'm seeing crazy speeds on my server.
Wifi.... Not so much.

Speed test showing 0.02 down and 12 up
That's not a typo.

I tried enabling afterburner and working on only N but this just did squat.

Any ideas? Id really love to get ddwrt working correctly but I need to work in the morning so if I have to flash back I will. This is just maddening.

Try using "AES" only for WPA Algorithms, on Wireless security tab.
skanky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43    Post subject: Re: e2500-NP Reply with quote
prjoni99 wrote:
Hello has anyone tried installing the firmware on this model e2500-np?

Thank you for all your help.

Yes, I just purchased a new one (the box actually calls it an N600 but in small print there is an "E2500" in the corner and the device itself is labeled E2500-NP) and it flashed brilliantly using the Wiki entry. I am now running dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k and it seems to be perfect.

My old WRT54G died yesterday and I picked it up at the local BestBuy. Here is the one I got.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whole Wheat wrote:
buddee wrote:
Whole Wheat wrote:

You asked if thats a correct way to connect the cable to the E2500, answer is no, thats not the correct way, thats the correct way to hook it to a belkin which is what is in the pic. The cable (ca-42 clone) is fine, the way you are referencing hooking it up to the router is not.. not all router's serial pinouts are the same, the E2500 may be different pinout than the belkin in the pic.

theapp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
agreed N66U down, now E2500/E3200 and it will be almost a perfect broadcom world.. Then all we need is AC broadcom driver commits to svn and then I can roll D1800h and AC66U

-Fractal

So close - really glad folks like you exist out there to solve these types of problems. Your skills are invaluable. At this point - I'm just happy you went this far to get this stuff up and running. Great job!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 23 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: