Linksys/Cisco E2500 DD-WRT WORKING -Test Build Page 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
ChuckHL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dalant wrote:
shibby20 wrote:

http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-N/build5x-102-EN/testing/wl_high/

RT-N53 was tested by me
E2500 was tested by user @tvlz from linksysinfo.org
If you can test and give me a feedback about E3200 i will be happy.

After install tomato you have to erase nvram (administration, configuration and erase all data in nvram).

After reboot eth2 should works. If it will not works and basic, network menu will be broken, then go to advanced, mac and restore default MAC address for eth2, then save.

Best Regards!

Thanks so much for your work on this shibby! Been running this build on my E2500 functioning as an access point for 12 hours now, and 5ghz is working great! Followed flashing instructions here:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/adding-linksys-e-series-support.37444/#post-184071

Thanks for all that you do!

I have an E2500 router with its stock firmware. If I install tomato will I be able to install ddwrt once support for 5ghz is ready? Is it an easy swap from tomato to ddwrt?
Sponsor
ChuckHL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dalant wrote:
shibby20 wrote:

RT-N53 was tested by me

After install tomato you have to erase nvram (administration, configuration and erase all data in nvram).

After reboot eth2 should works. If it will not works and basic, network menu will be broken, then go to advanced, mac and restore default MAC address for eth2, then save.

Best Regards!

Thanks so much for your work on this shibby! Been running this build on my E2500 functioning as an access point for 12 hours now, and 5ghz is working great! Followed flashing instructions here:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/adding-linksys-e-series-support.37444/#post-184071

I can confirm the same. I am running the latest available build from: http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26/build5x-104-EN/ for my E2500 and everything seems to be working fine. (Been running for 24 hours). Both bands (2.4 and 5) are stable. One thing to mention regarding channels 12 through 14 on the 2.4Ghz band is that you have to let the router know that you are not in the States (which forbids the use of those channels) to enable them.

I hope the next comment wont be taken as a criticism of DDWRT but rather as a suggestion.

I've notice two things I like from the Tomato version from Shibby.
1) It has the ability to host two OpenVPN servers, two OpenVPN clients, two... etc of the other VPN flavors.
2) When setting the channel width to 40mhz (for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands) it still allows me to set which channel is the main channel for the service. I personally had an issue with DDWRT where I was never able to set the channel width to 40mhz, unless I used the channel selection to Auto. I want to set the channel width to 40mhz and select to use channel 13 since I am pretty much the only one to use this channel where I live (all my neighbors use channels 1 through 11).

Regards
dtm1017
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
ChuckHL wrote:
Dalant wrote:
shibby20 wrote:

RT-N53 was tested by me

Best Regards!

I can confirm the same. I am running the latest available build from: http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26/build5x-104-EN/ for my E2500 and everything seems to be working fine. (Been running for 24 hours). Both bands (2.4 and 5) are stable. One thing to mention regarding channels 12 through 14 on the 2.4Ghz band is that you have to let the router know that you are not in the States (which forbids the use of those channels) to enable them.

I hope the next comment wont be taken as a criticism of DDWRT but rather as a suggestion.

I've notice two things I like from the Tomato version from Shibby.
1) It has the ability to host two OpenVPN servers, two OpenVPN clients, two... etc of the other VPN flavors.
2) When setting the channel width to 40mhz (for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands) it still allows me to set which channel is the main channel for the service. I personally had an issue with DDWRT where I was never able to set the channel width to 40mhz, unless I used the channel selection to Auto. I want to set the channel width to 40mhz and select to use channel 13 since I am pretty much the only one to use this channel where I live (all my neighbors use channels 1 through 11).

Regards

I don't see any 2500 builds in the link you shared. Am I crazy or looking for the wrong names?

Additionally, if I installed Tomato coming from DD-WRT, is there anything that I should know?
ChuckHL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
dtm1017 wrote:

I don't see any 2500 builds in the link you shared. Am I crazy or looking for the wrong names?

Additionally, if I installed Tomato coming from DD-WRT, is there anything that I should know?

My apologies, i copied the wrong link. Here is the right one. http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-N/build5x-104-EN/Linksys%20E-series/

You just need to install it in the upgrade firmware section and remember to do a reset and clear the nvram after the upgrade or you might not see the 5ghz radio. (Under administration - configuration)

I was able to swap back and forth between ddwr and tomato on my E2500 and E1500. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about my E1200v1. My E1200v1 runs ddwrt small vpn version and was unable to swap it, it gave me errors while upgrading. I was going to try it with tomato but i think the mini version of tomato for the E1200v1 does not include OpenVPN. But enough talk about the E1500 and E1200 since this thread is for the E2500.
theapp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 20:48    Post subject: Many heartfelt congratulations! Reply with quote
First, Shibby - great job! Way to crack that long overdue nut. The reviews of your driver are all positive and you deserve major accolades.

Second - Fractal - thanks for continuing your efforts on this project. I know it was likely painful (especially with all the questions: "Is 5GHz rdy yet? Are you still working on it? Can I help in any way?", etc).

It appears many people are jumping to the Tomato build to test 2.4/5GHz, but I imagine that a dd-wrt build is forthcoming w/same drivers? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I like the dd-wrt build, as it gives me easy config access to OpenVPN loads from my VPN provider. If, however Tomato is "just good enough for now", then I understand and will test that firmware if needed.

It is nice, either way, to finally see our routers running at their full potential, without the limitations placed on them by the original code.

Happy Holidays and may your New Year be bright!
aim120
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can one install the Fractal builds like this ftp.barryware.net/Fractal%20Builds/DD-WRT-BINS/19946/dd-wrt.v24-19946_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e2500.bin directly from stock/linksys firmware

Or should i first install this Mini build ftp.dd-wrt.com//others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin and then use one of the std_usb version of nv60k.bin or 2500.bin

Now if i do install shibby 104 version can i revert back to the stock firmware later on or can i revert to the DD-WRT.

My brand new E2500 with the stock linksys firmware disconnects from the WAN port 50 times an hour and my isp requires PPPoE.
So i am hoping DD-WRT or tomato solves this.
sandman512
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noob here, so please bare with me. Currently have a E2500 Router which has been been giving me trouble such as I have to keep resetting it almost every day. With that being said, I would like to try the DD-WRT on my router but I am not sure where to start? Is this proven on this router? Is it easy as just a flash? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!
theapp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
sandman512 wrote:
... I am not sure where to start? Is this proven on this router? Is it easy as just a flash? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Recommend you read this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486

It is referred to often on this forum as the Peacock Thread and contains all the answers to your questions.

BL: No, not as simple as just flashing, there are steps to follow to avoid a brick

Fractal - sorry for hijacking your thread on upgrades.
bcane98
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I knew I shouldn't have, but I did...

Wanting to get the 5ghz running I decided I would try the tomato load. Did all the resets, changed the drop down to reset after reload, 30/30/30 (x5), and not able to get into my router now.

The router comes up, ether only works, but I am unable to get into it with the default user/pass, nor my own... any suggestions?

sorry to post a n00b question, but I had to ask...

Thanks for all your help
Rick

---------- UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE ----------
it appears I have fixed my issue... the is a small resent button "in" the bottom side of my e2500... I did the 30/30/30 on that button and the router is back up with the tomato build. Food for thought!
biteh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello , Thanks for all the information provided here <3

1)how to know if my installation (tomato) go well ?
2)on Status>Overview>

Wireless (2.4 GHz / eth1)
Security: WPA2 Personal (PSK) + AES
Channel: 6 - 2.437 GHz
Channel Width: 40 MHz
Interference Level: Acceptable
Rate: 65Mbps

Wireless (5 GHz / eth2)
Security: WPA2 Personal (PSK) + AES
Channel: 149 - 5.745 GHz
Channel Width: 40 MHz
Interference Level: Acceptable
Rate:52 Mbps

Rates are good ? ( and this config ) ?
Thanks
HASM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 22:50    Post subject: Monitor Mode Reply with quote
Someone with more problems in putting in monitor mode.

I I tried the command [code]wl-i eth1 monitor 1 v but does not generate the prism0 .

Device: Cisco E2500
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

Installed DDWRT version: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k.bin
This is the latest I could find in the ftp folder that was not in beta, according to the wiki.
HASM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 23:51    Post subject: Re: Monitor Mode Reply with quote
HASM wrote:
Someone with more problems in putting in monitor mode.

I I tried the command [code]wl-i eth1 monitor 1 v but does not generate the prism0 .

Device: Cisco E2500
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

Installed DDWRT version: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k.bin
This is the latest I could find in the ftp folder that was not in beta, according to the wiki.

I tried ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/01-01-2013-r20453/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-20453_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin

and a tomato version and have same problem.
freddie802
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 13:13    Post subject: WDS Mode wifi to internet slow Reply with quote
Another issue has cropped up. If you put the E2500 into WDS mode with another unit such as an E2000 the clients attached to the wired connection on the E2500 get normal download speeds when connected to the internet using wireless N on the 2.4radio. However, wireless clients only get .9 - 1Mbps download speeds. As mentioned elsewhere in the forum if you change the mode on the E2500 to G only then it will increase to 6Mbps on a 25Mbps download link. I have tested with all of the available releases for the E2500 with the same effect. It appears to be a wifi <-> internet connection issue. Does anyone have any ideas?

Update: I disabled WMM and now the wireless speeds are back to normal when in N mode.

Last edited by freddie802 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 15:33; edited 1 time in total
btaroli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 22:12    Post subject: Re: Many heartfelt congratulations! Reply with quote
theapp wrote:
It appears many people are jumping to the Tomato build to test 2.4/5GHz, but I imagine that a dd-wrt build is forthcoming w/same drivers? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I like the dd-wrt build, as it gives me easy config access to OpenVPN loads from my VPN provider. If, however Tomato is "just good enough for now", then I understand and will test that firmware if needed.

I am curious about this development as well. I can certainly live without 5GHz support in DD-WRT for now. But what are people's experiences with Tomato? Or is there a dedicated thread/forum for that? I'm game to try it if it's proving stable-ish. It would be better, from my point of view, to see that code come back to DD-WRT at some point.
talerian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01    Post subject: reboot loop Reply with quote
So I missed this thread. My e2500 is constantly rebooting. Once in awhile I can get into a text page that wants a password change but thats as far as I can get. Any help on what to do next or how to restore the linksys firmware?

thanks

Tal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 26 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: