Linksys/Cisco E2500 DD-WRT WORKING -Test Build Page 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
ChuckHL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 16:03    Post subject: Re: Many heartfelt congratulations! Reply with quote
theapp wrote:
First, Shibby - great job! Way to crack that long overdue nut. The reviews of your driver are all positive and you deserve major accolades.

Second - Fractal - thanks for continuing your efforts on this project. I know it was likely painful (especially with all the questions: "Is 5GHz rdy yet? Are you still working on it? Can I help in any way?", etc).

It appears many people are jumping to the Tomato build to test 2.4/5GHz, but I imagine that a dd-wrt build is forthcoming w/same drivers? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I like the dd-wrt build, as it gives me easy config access to OpenVPN loads from my VPN provider. If, however Tomato is "just good enough for now", then I understand and will test that firmware if needed.

It is nice, either way, to finally see our routers running at their full potential, without the limitations placed on them by the original code.

Happy Holidays and may your New Year be bright!

So far I've been using shibby's latest build which btw supports openvpn (max version) and so far so good. I have been in this build for 1 month now and it has behaved properly.
Sponsor
smallzjohnson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 22:30    Post subject: Firmware Version Reply with quote
Currently using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/11/13) mini - build 20675

E2500 is my secondary router setup as client bridge downstairs. Main AP is my dual band Time Capsule.

So far so good. Running 5 days and have been playing around with different settings.

Wireless Packet info: RX no error; TX 53 errors

I had recently flashed e2500 with Tomato but was giving me issues connecting to my Time Capsule.

Looking forward to 5GHz radio being turned on.

Thanks all for what you do in order for new noobs like myself to learn and experiment with.
redpenguin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 21:47    Post subject: Latest Version Reply with quote
I don't want to brick my buddy's E2500 router especially since it's not mine.

Where exactly are the latest builds, as this page:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

Is having us use a SP2 version and it's having weird issues like randomly locking where you can't even access router in any manner until it's power cycled.
ScoutOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a tutorial available on how to set up an ethernet bridge using the version of Tomato provided by Shibby?
I've tried several available online and have been unsuccessful.
I know how to do it using DD-WRT but the 5Ghz antenna is the reason I purchase this router and can't use it with DD-WRT at the moment.
Thanks.
dusty_wrt54g
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
ScoutOne wrote:
Is there a tutorial available on how to set up an ethernet bridge using the version of Tomato provided by Shibby?

This should get you pretty close: link.
ScoutOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
dusty_wrt54g wrote:
ScoutOne wrote:

This should get you pretty close: link.

The LAN section of the Tomato build by Shibby is different and I can't seem to configure it correctly following the tutorial.
**UPDATE**
I guess it just took a bit to configure itself. After letting it sit for a few minutes it appears to be acting as a bridge.
1sae
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 22:57    Post subject: Re: Latest Version Reply with quote
redpenguin wrote:
I don't want to brick my buddy's E2500 router especially since it's not mine.

Where exactly are the latest builds, as this page:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

Is having us use a SP2 version and it's having weird issues like randomly locking where you can't even access router in any manner until it's power cycled.

I had the same problem with mine...very unstable and locks after a few minutes while using wifi. I'm using shibby's tomato and it's stable now, just not as easy to config and slower to reboot. Does have some cool other features tho.

FYI I've tried just about every compatible build up to r20675 with lock ups.
crazzyeddie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
In hopes that this might help someone else, I too was screwed by version of DD-WRT linked in the database. This page helped tremendously and I was able to save my E2500.

http://charlietree.com/bricked-e2500-cisco-wireless-router-fixed/

I used this script via Telnet (more info on that link if you need it):

Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect
spawn  telnet 192.168.1.1
set timeout -1
expect "DD-WRT login:"
send "root
"
expect "Password"
send "admin
"
expect "#"
send "erase linux
"
expect "#"
send "erase nvram
"
will1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is E2500-CA working ?

what about the -ca ?
fallengt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm looking for a Broadcom based router for my house (with dd-wrt firmware ofc), gonna use it to stream HD video, most of my devices can't do 5Ghz so prefer signal range/quality.

Can E2500's txpower to go as high as 21+ dbm (125mW)?
ctown10541
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
A reviewer on Amzn indicated he set TX power at 128mW, but the E2500 has no power amps (PAs) on the TX path. So if range is something you need, you might want to look at the E3200 which does have PAs on both bands.

You can also look at the FCC report for the E2500 which details the RF test conditions (15.247), including max TX power in a given configuration.
fallengt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ty the E3200 ~$80 is within my budget, I'll take a look.

I need a reliabe+wide range router (to stream HD movies) and stable with DD-wrt, mostly use it on 2.4Ghz band but don't mind if it has 2 bands. Is there other routers worth to take a look ?(under $80)
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
The e3200 5ghz band won't work with dd-wrt. The e3000 can be had used for under $80. I got one last week on eBay for $15. Supposedly it was not working, nothing a hard reset didn't fix. Already came loaded with tomato shibby as a bonus. Lol
aph
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
This router (at least v1 of it) can't be unbricked from TTL=100 by flashing with the TFTP method. Maybe it's a bug in the CFE, but the router will take the file just fine but not do anything with it. It doesn't execute the flash after the transfer is complete.

I've tried about 30 proper flashes with variations in everything from blocksize, file names, tftp clients, different cables, NIC's, OS'es, using a switch, even power adapters. Always the same result. Don't waste your time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 Display posts from previous:    Page 27 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: