Linksys/Cisco E2500 DD-WRT WORKING -Test Build Page 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
sajjadhalai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I m stucked.. SOme One Help Plz.
I installed an Unsupported Firmware Accediently..E2000 ..in E2500 Router..
Now I have upgrade Using tFTP command and TFTP linksys program it says successfully transfered but power LED is Never got solid...... its still blinking..
when I reset manually the Firmware is not working. no web access no internet But only Network Name..
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
tftp the stock linksys firmware back.. then see if it boots.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
FW_E2500_1.0.0.04....bin
that is E2500 Linksys Cisco firmware awailable at cisco linksys web ... I Tried More than 10 times but no response.. same problem..
transfer successfully in the end ..never stops blinking the Power LED.
i wait till 1 hour..LED Not got SOlid

thanx
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
sounds like you will need serial.. if you need help with that, you should start a new thread.. maybe the mods will delete these last posts, or split the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am new to dd-wrt. I am very good with computers and all that but can you guys link me to a guide to flashing my e2500 or just give me the steps since its a brand new build?
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're new and you know about computers you should know to read the stickies before you post anything. This is ALL covered in the peacock thread.
abrasive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just had a chance to apply the OpenVPN version. Ecstatic this has made so much progress in the short amount of time I've had the router.

Can't wait for the 5Ghz driver. Keep up the great work Fractal!
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
adityaksharma wrote:
noknok79 wrote:

button on below the unit? i tried it but still it keep restarting... please help.

I have the same issue , I tried the dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin firmware.

Selected firmware upgrade from the stock netgear webui, once the flash was done, did the 30/30/30 reset and now my router is in a continous bootloop. If I time it perfectly I can get the login screen to display but then the router resets. Is there a way to recover or do I need to go the jtag route or worse is my router bricked...

You should be able to use TFTP and ftp up the original firmware image.. I have not had either issue, however I went from factory to mini-e2500.bin as that has the correct code pattern, after that you can upgrade to any the supported nv60k build.

I would recommend putting your computer to 192.168.1.5 and then run a ping flood to the router once u get a ping from it start the ftp transfter

tftp -I 192.168.1.1 PUT FW-E2500--XXXXX.bin

once you get a successful upload then you are set, then all you need to do is wait until it boots and the power led goes solid.

-Fractal

I did the tftp but fails, the duration of restarting is too short so I wasn't able to login, other than serial procedure to recover my E2500? I am going to RMA it again, my Warranty is upto Apr 11, 2012
easyxtarget
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, I didn't even see the sticky. I did read through quite a bit on the wiki but I wasn't sure since its a development version.

What I am confused about is do I need to flash with the build ending in e2500 and then flash the n60 build? Why. Do I need the second one?
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
easyxtarget wrote:
Sorry, I didn't even see the sticky. I did read through quite a bit on the wiki but I wasn't sure since its a development version.

What I am confused about is do I need to flash with the build ending in e2500 and then flash the n60 build? Why. Do I need the second one?

You dont the nv60k build is if you have dd-wrt allready on the device.. if you are going from stock firmware use the e2500.bin

-Fractal
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
easyxtarget wrote:

That's why you need to read the peacock thread carefully. It clearly states in more than one place that you MUST initially flash a "trailed" build for the E series routers (named -e2500 for example). Then after DD-WRT is on the device you can flash any nv60k build that is compatible. It should also state this in the various wiki's for the E series routers.
easyxtarget
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
wats6831 wrote:
easyxtarget wrote:

That's why you need to read the peacock thread carefully. It clearly states in more than one place that you MUST initially flash a "trailed" build for the E series routers (named -e2500 for example). Then after DD-WRT is on the device you can flash any nv60k build that is compatible. It should also state this in the various wiki's for the E series routers.

I knew I could. I didn't know if I had to. So once I flash the trailed build, I would flash the n60 builds if I wanted to upgrade dd-wrt basically? So I could flash the trailed build and then when 5GHz support is added I could flash the n60 build with that driver and bam, I'm on an upgraded build with 5GHz support. Right?
abrasive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
abrasive wrote:
Just had a chance to apply the OpenVPN version. Ecstatic this has made so much progress in the short amount of time I've had the router.

Can't wait for the 5Ghz driver. Keep up the great work Fractal!

Just an observation since I've gotten this up and running...

I noticed that the power LED no longer stays illuminated during normal operation. Just gives a couple blinks when I plug it in. Not sure if would light up if there was some sort of activity such as flashing progress, rebooting, what have you.

Can anyone comment as to whether this is typical behavior? I liked using it for at-a-glance status checking during maintenance when I was on stock firmware.
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
other than serial jumping, any other way to catch loging in console? restarting is too quick, I need to login and upload the firmware? please help, I will try all but not to the point voiding the warranty seal.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 15:59    Post subject: update on 5ghz driver Reply with quote
I have had some progress on the 5ghz driver, I am looking for newer updated source.. I have it somewhat working problem is with the lower channels like 36, 48 ect.... If anyone has updated wl source they can PM a link for I should be able to wrap this up:.

here is updated code info showing 5ghz working on serial boot:

-Fractal

Code:

starting Architecture code for broadcom
done
Booting device: Linksys E2500
loading bcm57xx
loading wl_high
loading ctmisc
ctmisc: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel.
pa5gha1idxval = 3 -371 5678 -1416                                 
pa5ga0idxval = 7 -359 5484 -1369                               
pa5ga1idxval = 7 -346 5957 -1467                               
mac = C0:C1:C0:XX:XX:XX           

Code:

wl -i eth2 status
SSID: "dd-wrt"
Mode: Managed   RSSI: 0 dBm   noise: -89 dBm   Channel: 153
BSSID: C0:C1:C0:XX:XX:XX   Capability: ESS
Supported Rates: [ 6(b) 9 12(b) 18 24(b) 36 48 54 ]

Last edited by Fractal on Wed Mar 07, 2012 16:11; edited 2 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: