Pulling my hair out with FTP port forwarding...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jrosetto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 22:45    Post subject: Pulling my hair out with FTP port forwarding... Reply with quote
I have a Cisco WRT610N v1 with EKO build 18946 on it. Everything seems to function correctly except I can't get my ftp server to function publically. All other port forwards work fine. I installed 'optware the right way' and setup proftpd with my domain name as well as the passive ports. When I test it locally everything works fine, but from the outside it doesn't work. I tried forwarding the ports from the GUI as well as IPTABLES to no avail. Any thoughts?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsor
jrosetto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to make it work by using the built in FTP Server instead, copying my config file from the ProFTPd install on optware over and killing the process and letting it restart. For whatever reason that one allows me to connect.
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
ive talked to basmaf about this and he said that the scripts are not working right so him and kong are working together to get it fixed and working.
jrosetto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome, can't wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: