50%
 50%  [ 87 ]
No i dont want/need to pay.
33%
 33%  [ 59 ]
I dont care.
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
I dont care about IP-Sec.I use an other solution.
10%
 10%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 174

MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

Where is this up to ??

I'm happy to pay for my client's implimentations

Cheers
Chris
Sponsor
kitus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm willing to pay for added ipsec support. Need to find a reliable solution for VPN-ing into my network from an iPhone.
daveM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
L2TP over IPSec support for the WAN interface would be worth a license
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, now I need it Surprised

Where do I send my money and when can I have it ??

Shocked

Seriously. I just got a job this morning for an IPSec connect. Would love to use DD-WRT. Happy to pay an acceptable amount for the feature (will discuss offline if required)

/C
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wonder why it should be a payed feature when other opensource project give it for free(i.e: PFsense)...Sash?
DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
clorox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 14:16    Post subject: I'd pay if it was resonably priced. Reply with quote
I feel that dd-wrt gives me plenty under normal circumstances for free. I'd be willing to pay for a resonably priced licence to get extra functions like IPSEC, GRE, and PIM. Time is not free, and if they are willing to give us a LOT for free we should be willing to give a little for more.
racerxoffl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 20:35    Post subject: Re: I'd pay if it was resonably priced. Reply with quote
clorox wrote:
I feel that dd-wrt gives me plenty under normal circumstances for free. I'd be willing to pay for a resonably priced licence to get extra functions like IPSEC, GRE, and PIM. Time is not free, and if they are willing to give us a LOT for free we should be willing to give a little for more.

x2 couldn't have worded it better myself. I have many Asus RT-N16 deployed fwiw.
ClayGoss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 19:08    Post subject: Should IP-Sec be a Paid Option? Reply with quote
I too would be willing to pay for IP-Sec. I have struggled enough trying to couple old VPN junk I have laying around to my DD-WRT router trying to connect an IP-Sec VPN to a customer's commercial router that doesn't support an alternative for what I am trying to do.
vpnfinder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

2 weeks ago when I (dumb consumer) searched for VPN documentation and found this thread I really was willing to pay for an IPsec implementation. For cross-checking I headed over to OpenWrt and found a nearly fully featured UCI configurable IPsec implementation in the wiki. It is not web driven but after half a day of try & error I was able to establish a VPN with a friend of mine.

I know that this does not help for the current discussion but maybe a tip for those who are not willing to pay.

Regards,
Frank
f41thr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Full ipv6 support become more and more important.
Hobby enthusiast with need for private vpn can use pptp. If radius support is enabled for pptp server you may have increased security.

F41THR
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
For cross-checking I headed over to OpenWrt and found a nearly fully featured UCI configurable IPsec implementation in the wiki. It is not web driven but after half a day of try & error I was able to establish a VPN with a friend of mine.

I know that this does not help for the current discussion but maybe a tip for those who are not willing to pay.

Oh but you do pay Wink Just not money.
andee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not been back here in quite a while, but as I was talking to someone about this the other day thought I'd pop back.

I was working on this before (after I got mostly full IPv6 working including DHCP and DNS) but ran into a number of problems. It really is not just a case of adding CONFIG_XFRM to the kernel. Newer builds have it, and I've built the extra required modules to go with it. The problem I had with IPSEC-tools was its inability to determine the kernel's supported cipher set.

From there I started attempting strongswan, but have no idea how far I got. Maybe when I get chance I'll look into it again.
cubbieblue16
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
So has a decision been made on this? As long as the price is reasonable, I would for sure pay for IPsec VPN. Although I use the PPTP it has now and feel secure enough for what I do, I still would pay for better security.
Warranty-Void
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I can see how the router could be an ipsec end-point but the way I do ipsec is end-to-end, the router is not involved at all, except for routing IKE and ESP packets. End-to-End is the way to go folks.

Not needed, thanks.
dtemp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think a fee could be charged for IP Sec. But it should be a reasonable flat fee, without per-user charges. No one is going to use this as an enterprise solution anyway; residential users, small business owners, and geeks that like to tinker shouldn't be restricted by per-user fees.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: