wrt54g v3 Serial input problem in tts/1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
dcyli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:43    Post subject: wrt54g v3 Serial input problem in tts/1 Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I've been using my google-fu on this for so long that all the links from pages 1 to 4 are purple. I can't figure out my problem.

Here's the background:

I have a wrt54g v3 that I have installed the dd wrt firmware on (v24 sp2 mini)

I have an arduino connected via its serial ports to the tx and rx of tts/1 on the router board.

I can send information fine from the arduino to the router, as I can use cat < /dev/tts/1 in an ssh and see the values being output correctly.

However, everytime my arduino ouputs to the rx pin of the router I get a signal coming back from the routers tx pin to my arduino rx pin. Is this normal? Do I have a short? Maybe it's settings in the router?

I've tried a lot of stuff to fix it. I have tried delays, flushing the arduino's serial buffer, etc.

I know this is the dd-wrt forums, so I'm not looking for help with the arduino, I'm wondering if this has been a common problem with the serial port on the wrt54g or maybe it's some setting that I'm not aware of.

Here's a short and crappy video of what's happening if interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQG3vDu7Q_E&feature=youtu.be

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: