Build for rt-n16 [Split]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
marquix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Guys,

I´m glad this thread is recent. I´m on the same trail here again. My router in case is an Asus RT-N16 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/11/11) mega
(SVN revision 16773M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko)

I was using pptp with StrongVPN really well for about 3 months and then one day it would not connect anymore. Anyways, after going to support with them, I ended up going with openvpn for my connections. Since I made this switch, I get disconnected 2-4 a day. Talk about a hassle. I have to manually unplug and replug my router several times a day. Well, today they finally responded to a forum post I made on their forum and their tech recommended I install ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/06-14-11-r17201/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_big (with an additional comment that it may or may not fix it).

1)I was running Mega. Should I go with

dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega.bin or
dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k.bin

Since I¨m already running mega or are these version even clear for me to use?

I¨m unsure how to properly distinguish but sure as hell do not want to brick my router since unplugging it is better than nothing.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated and yes I just read the Peacock thread !!

Cordially,

me
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
The nv60k build will BRICK your rt-n16. It is for routers like the e2000/e3000. Don't use it.

I suggest that you try a forum recommended build rather than the 17201 build.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
marquix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
any other way to troubleshoot my 2-4 times a day openvpn disconnection? I real do not need to upgrade, I was just trying to figure it out. I´m not sure why the tech at StrongVPN recommmended I upgrade anyway.
hpsenicka
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
marquix wrote:
I´m not sure why the tech at StrongVPN recommmended I upgrade anyway.

I suspect he was just hoping for an easy external solution to the issue.

Stick with he forum recommended versions as has already been suggested.... you can find those links in the stickied threads a the top of the forum.

WRT54G v6, v8
WRT54GS v5
WRH54G
marquix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
@hpsenicka

So you do not forsee an issue with me downgrading to a previous version?

I read somewhere on the forum that their could be issues with that.

Is this so? and if not, do you happen to know what forum link would contain the proper instructions to downgrade to a previous, more stable, version?

Thanks

I appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: