DD-WRT on RT-N10+ is garbage (build 16785)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
lapwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 19:35    Post subject: DD-WRT on RT-N10+ is garbage (build 16785) Reply with quote
I make this statement because ANY wireless mode except for AP flat doesn't work, and trying to make it a part of a WDS in AP mode is broken as well.

Except for the fact that CLIENT, REPEATER, and REPEATER BRIDGE don't work, v24-sp2 (build 16785) looks great!

Has ANYONE had any success with this build?

Anyone successfully reverted back to the stock Asus firmware? If so, what was your procedure?

Last edited by lapwolf on Mon Jul 11, 2011 22:41; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
mazey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
im using 16785 on my n10+ its working great i barely use wireless but it is set up as AP and everything works perfect its very stable to so cant complain

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std
Time: 09:36:12 up 41 days, 15:51, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

its been up since i installed and configured it. i dont plan to upgrade for a very long time maybe 1 year+ down the road. it works great for me.
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
lapwolf wrote:
I make this statement because ANY wireless mode except for AP flat doesn't work, and trying to make it a part of a WDS in AP mode is broken as well.

I came to the same conclusion a few days ago, I upgraded because SSH were fixed.

My thread about the WDS issue.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=141501

WDS is fully operational in Build 16454. WDS Point to Point works in the other releases up to 17201. With EoIP and WDS Point to Point you will get the same thing as WDS LAN. Tagged VLAN over the WDS bridge also works if you use EoIP.
lapwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borage wrote:

I came to the same conclusion a few days ago, I upgraded because SSH were fixed.

My thread about the WDS issue.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=141501

WDS is fully operational in Build 16454. WDS Point to Point works in the other releases up to 17201. With EoIP and WDS Point to Point you will get the same thing as WDS LAN. Tagged VLAN over the WDS bridge also works if you use EoIP.

I installed 16454 and configured it for WDS and it still won't work in my configuration.

I have an RT-N16 running Tomato (WAN connection), with a Motorola 850G running DD-WRT as one node in my WDS (this part has worked flawlessly). I'm attempting to add the RT-N10+ as a second node to replace another Motorola that I somehow bricked which was the other node in a previously WORKING WDS.

I'll play with 16454 some more, but I may go back to the stock firmware, provided I can figure out how to revert back to stock. The Asus firmware restore utility can't find the router in recovery mode, and DD-WRT won't load the original .trx file. I would appreciate anyone posting on how they successfully reverted back.
lapwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 17:44    Post subject: Update Reply with quote
I was unable to add the RT-N10+ to the WDS, and I was unable to get Client mode to work, BUT I was able to get Repeater Bridge mode to successfully connect.

Many thanks to Borage for pointing me in the direction of build 16454 as that appears to be the ticket for now.
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its funny when people blame the hardware while the problem is the software.
lapwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
Its funny when people blame the hardware while the problem is the software.

I wasn't blaming the hardware, I was blaming the combination of the RT-N10+ with DD-WRT. If you NEED to have this hardware work in a WDS, this combo is not the answer. If you NEED it networked in some configuration, the current release of DD-WRT is broken for the RT-N10+.

I stand by the original title of this thread...
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
have you tried the newest version? the one on ftp.
lapwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
have you tried the newest version? the one on ftp.

If you are referring to 17201, Borage has tested it and found WDS to still be non-functional.
jdoggsc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:42    Post subject: Is anyone else experiencing this??? Reply with quote
I'm not doing any flavor of WDS--just a typical AP for my home. IT'S VERY STABLE EXCEPT FOR WIRELESS. My TX and RX antennae are set to auto, and I'm using channel 13 at 20/40MHz. Wireless will work for days with no problem, and then randomly it'll cut out. Clarification: Sometimes the WLAN light will just turn off completely--several times a day even. Sometimes it will be on, but i can't see it from any computer. Sometimes I can see the wireless network from some computers but not others. I don't understand it!
LAN and routing elsewise seem to be rock solid (but isn't that what we should be able to expect from a router?).

Is anyone else out there having this issue as well?
Anyone rectified it? Please, I've have to hard reset it 4 times already today to get wireless to come back on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: