Belkin N-Vision V2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
dyingjedi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 0:37    Post subject: Re: V2000 Image Reply with quote
JoyElctrc wrote:
Here is the V2000 image.

This image can be used to upgrade via the belkin web interface.

NOTE: This is for the V2000 device ONLY!

Again thanks so much bud! I'm not sure how difficult it is to insert lcd4linux_0.10.0+r758-1_mipsel.ipk but wanted to let you know it does exists.. =-) and if you could use same exact created and complied source .img you have now, but recompile with what we will be needing for the display to work, maybe asking lots or dreaming aloud! =) <big GRIN!>.

also wanted to note that I have done extensive testing of the First public release of your first release thanks @JoyElctrc made 4 dd-wrt for the Belkin N1 Vision F5D8232-4 V2000 flash release. Have found a few bug that may need squashing. When you do backup in backup tab to save nvram file you will lose all your virtual wireless SSID's I've have created including setting minus the main one configured as default! also AnchorFree Hotspot wireless connect internet share gets completely erased and un-configured when pressing the backup button. Note the DDNS stayed and nothing changed in other area's that i can detect at the moment! As mentioned to previously mentioned They all disappeared and the settings were ditched right after i clicked backup. another issues is lots of clickable blue highlighted text and when clicked lots of them have no ending destination or a failed to load popup, also the help files link (extra extended Help) do not show any help or how-to's of lots of clickable or changeable settings some are there but definitively not complete!

Note: the FAQ @DD-wrt.com and lots of the searchable archive or post don't have any further explanations to them, or nothing at all! would love to configure more advanced setting but I'm very nervous about changing anything serious because of no help at all. Just a couple at the top of my head! Okay will update further if i recall the others. Thanks.

I'm guessing that since it has a bandwidth in and out and overall traffic meters built in the "bandwidth" tab that shouldn't it be pretty easy to make the link with lcd4linux_0.10.0+r758-1_mipsel.ipk just as a widget updater sorta thing.

I Will be really busy here shortly and due to SWTOR coming out and playable to the public Dec 14th. so IM gonna be into that much more then anything for awhile maybe 3 months LOL! but i have a filter in gmail that when any of my watched forums are sent to me are forwarded Immediately to my cell as a text! so ill be able to help or reply! =P

Hi5 Happy Holidays! Great first release!
DyingJedi
Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation
Sponsor
JJ_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
There seems to be quite a lot of bugs in the dd-wrt version used in this port. QoS is non-existant & I have been trying to find out why the router was shaving 10Mbit off my maximum download speed with QoS disabled by default so I tried changing QoS mode but it bricked the router so I put it into download mode and restored stock firmware.

I noticed the firmware is limiting the CPU to 266Mhz but the CPU's actual stock clock speed is 300Mhz. Those of you with a fast connections (50Mbit+) try maxing your line speed and you will find you cannot go above 40-43Mbit. When I am downloading at the max speed the dd-wrt version can give 40-43Mbit, most website I access or the router page is inaccessible whereas with stock firmware, I can download at almost 60Mbit & websites/router page loads fine. Some serious issued with the actual dd-wrt build.

It is no fault of JoyElctrc, just poor dd-wrt code. It would be good to see this port soon on a new stable release but for the moment, I'll be skipping this.
dyingjedi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 22:49    Post subject: Re: V2000 Image (DDNS) Reply with quote
JoyElctrc wrote:
Here is the V2000 image.

This image can be used to upgrade via the belkin web interface.

NOTE: This is for the V2000 device ONLY!

DDNS Issues trying to configure dyndns.org also dns-O-matic

I have tried doing the basics instructions are here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenDNS#OpenDns_with_DNS-O-Matic_for_users_with_a_Dynamic_IP

Tried this.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
mount ramfs /mmc -t ramfs
mkdir /mmc/etc
mkdir /mmc/etc/config
echo "#!/bin/sh
inadyn --background --username ??? --password ??? --alias ??? --dyndns_server_name updates.dnsomatic.com --dyndns_server_url /nic/update?
sleep 3
killall -9 -w inadyn
" > /mmc/etc/config/ppp0.wanup
chmod 700 /mmc/etc/config/ppp0.wanup

Here is the log
Tue Jan 31 14:42:14 2012: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - dynamic DNS updater.
Tue Jan 31 14:42:14 2012: I:INADYN: IP address for alias 'all.dnsomatic.com' needs update to 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'

DDNS just will not update with dyndns.org or dnsomatic.org if you could please look into this greatly appreciated!

DyingJedi[/img][url][/url]
Dat55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi, how i can restore the original firmware? The update tool doesnt find my router, help. Thanks in advance
cybercorey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
nice and stable!
Well more stable than stock haha,
would love for the LCD screen to be used but hay, cant have everything now can we? =P

Been using it for about a month now http://imgur.com/a/EPlJb
yi0rgos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,

could someone please point me to the DD-WRT firmware; I cannot seem to find it.
yi0rgos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, found it Smile ...I was pretty sure that I haven't seen it in this post...hmmm

Regards,

yi0rgos
cybercorey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
haha yeah, its hidden quite nicely

Also ive noticed its stopped keeping track of my data useage (memory full or something) =(
yi0rgos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys,

anybody tried installing "HMA VPN", I followed their instructions, but I cannot get it to work.

Regards,

yi0rgos
Surfer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please released a new dd-wrt version Sad
HK2401
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can somebody give me instructions on how to install DD WRT on my Belkin n1 vision router. i have downloaded the firmware from this thread but not sure what to do , i have read scraps of post saying you should hard reset before and after DD WRT instruction , but i wanted to know how to enter the interface of this DD WRT. do you still use Belkin stock 192.168.2.1 or something else ,

many thanks
Dat55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
HK2401 wrote:
Can somebody give me instructions on how to install DD WRT on my Belkin n1 vision router. i have downloaded the firmware from this thread but not sure what to do , i have read scraps of post saying you should hard reset before and after DD WRT instruction , but i wanted to know how to enter the interface of this DD WRT. do you still use Belkin stock 192.168.2.1 or something else ,

many thanks

just go to firmware update and select the .bin file and update. dd-wrt uses 192.168.1.1
jgmarcotte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 16:18    Post subject: Nice firmware, Thanks Reply with quote
I had to place the Belkin on a shelf because it was not able to connect to the cable modem. A Dlink dir-615 was doing well.
I missed the Download graph and 24 hrs. activities by IP address.
I looked for a router with those capabilities, bought a NetGear 3700 but realized it was really limited.
Found Link Logger but it does not work on the NetGear, DLink or Belkin without DD-WRT.
I did not want to brick the Netgear or the DLink but the Belkin was doing nothing.
Try the DD-WRT and everything work great, I can see the actual Broadband activity with the Bandwidth Monitoring and the Host Name activity with the LAN Status but…
Still miss the 24 hrs. Broadband usage by IP address (computer) and the LAN Status is more the whole network not just the broadband.
I tried the Link Logger but it more a “firewall” activity than a Broadband quantity of data.
If anybody has some idea, just share with me. Because the only thing most people really want to know are those 3 simple screens on the Belkin Vision.
m4j0r-g33k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 18:17    Post subject: Bridge Reply with quote
Hi

Has anyone manage to get bridge mode working on the v2000 ?
I need to setup a bridge and was hoping that DD-WRT would be my solution
xpingux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10    Post subject: I really effed up Reply with quote
Hey guys, it's 3am and I'm screwing around with this router so much.

I can't access the gui, can't get DHCP, and can't connect to it in any way. I'm SOL and I have no idea how to get it back.

I have an SMC router that is also a cable modem. I wanted to use this Belkin N1 as a router instead partially for the features, and partially because I think the almost 10 year old smc G router is being over worked and as such keeps conking out.

So I plugged the belkin's wan port into lan 1 of the smc.

I changed the Belkin's ip to be on the same subnet as the SMC (SMC = 192.168.0.1/ Belkin = 192.168.0.100)

I disabled DHCP on the Belkin, and set it to 'router' mode under the operation mode settings.

...annnnnnnnnnnd it's gone. Both the SMC and the Belkin's wifi worked at the same time for a bit, but I can't get into the Belkin's DD WRT gui, nor can I get to it via ip. I can't ping it. When I try and connect to it directly, my computer tries to be it's own dns and gives itself an ip of 169.something.x.x

I tried to use SERCOMM to reflash the firmware, which after who knows how long (downloading the XP VM) I finally got it to flash, but it didn't overwrite the settings... so I'm still at the same point as the beginning.

So, is there a way to set factory settings via the reset button? I don't have ssh enabled, but I don't think it would help, because I can't get an ip.

Please help me :C Crying or Very sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: