Belkin N-Vision V2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PsychoSonny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?256335-Belkin-N1-Vision-F5D8232-4-Custom-Firmware

is that of any help to version 1?
Sponsor
bridgemode
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 13:54    Post subject: Belkin N1 Vision F5D8232-4 version 2010 Reply with quote
Hello,

I have Belkin N1 Vision F5D8232-4 version 2010 device. I would like to know if "f5d8232-4-v2000-dd-wrt.img" image can be installed on this router and use this device in "client-bridge mode"?

I installed this image and have the following issues

1. Client Bridge Mode is not available
2. In Repeater bridge mode, I can connect wired and wireless clients to this device but no communication with the main router (I following repeater bridge mode guide)
3. In DD-WRT v24 SP1 (on my old router I am trying to replace), I have a tab called VLAN configuration, where I assigned WAN, Switch Port1 through 4 to VLAN1 and Client bridge was working from last couple of years.

Could someone help me configuring F5D8232-4 V20xx device either in Client-Bridge mode or Repeater bridge mode?

Thanks,
Bridgemode
JJ_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you JoyElctrc for your perseverance and hard work getting a stable release out, people including me have been waiting for this for years!

Last edited by JJ_ on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:58; edited 2 times in total
dsforsaken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Loaded dd-wrt successfully on the N1 Vision! However i tried to make it a wap and i get no internet access when i connect to the N1 Vision. It cant see any other routers.
dsforsaken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sry for double post the edit button wouldnt load the page. Anyways how would i go back to stock firmware? I tried using the dd-wrt upgrade page and it fails with the .img from the gpl code and the .bin file from belkins website, i tried the sercomm utility but it just said file access error and did not do anything.
bridgemode
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please use the below procedure for restoring original firmware from Belkin:

1. Download F5D8232v2-2.00.03_GPL.tar.gz from Belkin website
2. Extract F5D8232v2-2.00.03_GPL.tar.gz
3. Go to Extracted folder\release_GPL\firmware\images folder
4. Select f5d8232-4v2.img file and use 7zip or any other tool to extract the f5d8232-4v2.bin file

Use the extracted f5d8232-4v2.bin file SERCOMM utility to restore the device to original firmware.
dsforsaken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried that but it says file access error
guggas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry guys... but I've lot the access to the router. How can I reset the thing? I've tried the reset button with no success Shocked Any ideas?!?
JJ_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
One thing I've noticed is this firmware is limiting the downstream to 40-43 Mbit and that's at stock settings with nothing changed. I notice on the status page the CPU clock is show as

'CPU Clock 266 MHz'

The actual CPU is clocked at 300 MHz so I'm not sure if this is affecting the downstream speed.

I have tried setting the below via telnet and the commands page:

nvram set clkfreq=300
nvram commit
reboot

The router still reports a clock of 266 MHz even when the telnet reports back 300Mhz and downstream is still limited to 40-43 Mbit Sad

If I connect PC->modem, my speed immediately jumps to 50Mbit. If I restore factory firmware my speed immediately jumps to 50Mbit.

Speedtest also consistently explains my problem below.

DD-WRT installed

Stock firmware installed

guggas wrote:
Sorry guys... but I've lot the access to the router. How can I reset the thing? I've tried the reset button with no success Shocked Any ideas?!?

How do you mean 'lost access'? Read the above post by bridgemode to set it back to factory firmware.
Napalmd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all.

I recently got one of these and installed the image provided here. I got dd-wrt working fine but as some other user reported here, none of wireless repeater functions is working. does not comunicate with main router. And the lcd shows only the same image, the boot process.

Anyway I've been trying to restore original firmware but no luck. used sercomm utility but it does not detect the router. ( maybe because it is not using belkin firmw...
JJ_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Napalmd wrote:
Hi all.

I recently got one of these and installed the image provided here. I got dd-wrt working fine but as some other user reported here, none of wireless repeater functions is working. does not comunicate with main router. And the lcd shows only the same image, the boot process.

Anyway I've been trying to restore original firmware but no luck. used sercomm utility but it does not detect the router. ( maybe because it is not using belkin firmw...

The dd-wrt firmware doesn't have the module for the LCD screen so it will not show anything apart from an empty load bar.

You will need to put the router into recovery mode by holding down the reset button for 30 seconds connect directly from PC to the routers WAN port for Sercomm.
guggas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I couldn´t reset the router so, like _JJ and bridgemode have posted, I've restored the device for the original Belkin firmware. Oddly, the reset doesn't work very well for my device as I've spent over 2 min with the reset button pressed with no change... finally I was able to change the mode to "Download Mode" by disconnecting and reconnecting the device while keeping the reset pressed (after being pressed for about 1 min). By mistake I've uploaded the firmware over one of the lan ports... apparently it works too...
Napalmd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I could finally put The router in download mode, but the only way I managed to do it was by pressing reset right after plugging the power cable. then you have to quickly press the button on the upgrade utility to search for the router.
and now I have it working normally. too bad I can't use it for wireless repeater...
JJ_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes its a silly process but there is a sequence such as

hold reset
wait 30 seconds
power off
keep reset pressed
power on

etc. Sorry but this completely went out of my mind in my last post. I tried restoring when my laptop was connected to the WAN port of the router but unusually it wouldn't work via the lan ports.

DD-WRT port for this device isn't perfect as the OP mentioned but it's pretty stable and more reliable that stock which doesn't renew dhcp once it is lost nor does it have the option to release/renew dns which is lame on belkins behalf.
JJ_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes its a silly process but there is a sequence such as

hold reset
wait 30 seconds
power off
keep reset pressed
power on

etc. Sorry but this completely went out of my mind in my last post. I tried restoring when my laptop was connected to the WAN port of the router but unusually it wouldn't work via the lan ports.

DD-WRT port for this device isn't perfect as the OP mentioned but it's pretty stable and more reliable that stock which doesn't renew dhcp once it loses ip from the mode nor does it have the option to release/renew dhcp in stock firmware which is lame on belkins behalf.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: