Belkin N-Vision V2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Hondureno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
SERCOMM works in Windows 7, just run it in Windows XP SP2 compability mode, the router in download mode, and it should flash to original firmware.
Sponsor
xpingux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you read what I wrote, I said that I tried to flash it, and that it overwrote the settings. More accurately, though, I tried downloading the firmware (2.00.03) from the website (http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&pid=F5D8232-4&aid=9060&scid=221), and when choosing that file, it would give me an error of 'file access error!'. The file simply will not work.

I've seen multiple times in this thread 'download the original firmware' as if there's a way to get a version earlier than 2.00.03. If so, can you upload it so that those can download it?

I really just need to get back into the gui.
xpingux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have an answer to anyone using the sercomm tool that receives a 'file access error!' message.

Take the bin file that you're using, and open it in winrar, or 7 zip or whatever you use. Inside that bin is ANOTHER bin. Use that bin file, and you'll be able to get your router back in no time. Worked with the 2.00.03 firmware.

This website was a great help in getting me up and running. Especially the comment at the end.

Back to work now! : D

Also, to JoyElctrc. Thanks so much for porting DD WRT into this router. Your time and effort is not ignored and it means a lot to me.

If you need any help testing or with anything at all, you can contact me at s dot bassly at gmail com
ironicdemise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using a Belkin N1 Vision that keeps crashing and losing internet, and I have a Superhub from Virgin, but it's terrible so I'm hoping to put DD-WRT on the Belkin and use the Virgin one as just a modem, however I cannot for the life of me find the DD-wrt firmware people are talking about on here.

Could somebody please link me a DD-wrt firmware that works with an F5D8232-4 V2010?
/edit

Nevermind, I found it.
Must be because I hadn't registered.
eliasv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 14:18    Post subject: OpenVPN Reply with quote
JoyElctrc, thanks for the great work on this. I know this thread is a couple of years old now, but it seems like there has been sporadic interest until recently, and on this thread too: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=141607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 . So, is there any chance of recompilation with OpenVPN support? Or does anyone else know of anyone still working with this stuff - perhaps for v1000 support - who would be able to do this?

ETA: it seems like the driver version is high enough for OpenVPN support, and that there is enough memory...

Cheers,

Eli
bcre3306
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 15:43    Post subject: Updated Build Reply with quote
Can someone rebuild this with a newer build or provide instructions on how to do it? DDNS doesnt work in the current build and I would really like that feature.
shadowxgws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:22    Post subject: Restore factory firmware Reply with quote
Is there any chance to upload the factory firmware after installing the DDWRT? Because I can't put the router in download mode now
Thad Boyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 22:13    Post subject: Re: Updated Build Reply with quote
bcre3306 wrote:
Can someone rebuild this with a newer build or provide instructions on how to do it? DDNS doesnt work in the current build and I would really like that feature.

I realize this post is a few years old now, but I'd like to see this happen too.

Static IP's don't seem to be working. This is my first time using dd-wrt, so I'm not 100% sure if this is a problem with this specific firmware or if I've just missed a configuration step in dd-wrt, but I've looked for information on my issue and haven't found it so I'm thinking it's a bug rather than a configuration issue. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyhow, here's the issue: If I set a static IP on the client machine, it can't access the Internet. LAN works fine; it can connect to the router, to other machines on the network, etc. but not to the Internet.

Static DHCP seems like it'll do as a workaround for now, but I would rather be able to set the IP on the client instead of the router. Reason being, I've got a multi-boot PC, and I want Windows, OpenSUSE, and Debian each to have a unique IP, so that I don't have three different SSH fingerprints on the same IP.

If anyone's got any ideas or expertise to share, I'd be grateful to hear it. If not, well, sorry for being the guy whose first post is to necro a long-abandoned thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: