wireless n or wired g bridged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Mak30
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:40    Post subject: wireless n or wired g bridged Reply with quote
Hey guys.. quick question

What is faster/better.. A wireless N connection or a wired g connection on a bridged g router?

Is it the same? does it matter?

Just need to figure out how to connect my PS3. I have a wrt54g bridged to a wrt310n to plug my dish network box already in the vicinity.

thanks much
Sponsor
gobbledigook
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
you wouldn't get wireless drops/'lag'/higher ping etc using a wired connection... for gaming i don't think you need an N connection just yet Wink

but i suppose it is user preference in a way... if you can have a cable trailing around then its all good Smile if you are gonna trip over it (or get grief from the missus tripping over it!!) it may be better to have the wireless bridge Wink

have you read linking routers in the wiki ?

list of optware packages
broadcom announcements, peacock and recommended builds
Mak30
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks bud..

Yea the routers are already bridged and everything is working well. Just wondering in terms of signal and speed what would be best. Don't really use the PS3 for gaming. I stream media from my pc to it.

Just confused since the bridge is already wireless then to a cable is that the same as just wireless N.
OrangePeel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wireless N, properly configured, and with a good signal, will be faster than a wired connection to a G bridged router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: