DHCP Forwarder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
bobdavis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried this on DD-WRT v2.3 SP1 and it did work properly in that the PC attached to the LAN port that I set up the VLAN to was able to obtain an IP address from the forwarded DHCP server. However, once I set up the VLAN, the router itself would not obtain an IP address; it seems that it was bridging all DHCP traffic to the VLAN port, even requests that it sent to the DHCP server itself! Is this intended behavior, or did I perhaps do something wrong?
Sponsor
Jumpz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 22:43    Post subject: DHCP Forwarding Reply with quote
Hello,

i know this is an old post but i can't find a better thread to discuss the issue.

Today i use a WZR-D1800H with Brainslayers Build of ddwrt Version 3.0-r36330 giga (07/16/1Cool.

I followed the Access Point Totorial without luck.

Connect to WLAN, the Client got no DHCPOFFER, like in the Posts before.

The last Version from October 2017 was running fine. Before i used separated Networks, the Gateway mode, some Routing to another Subnet and DHCP-Forwarding.

Because i don't know how the DHCP-Forwarding works. I thought WLAN have its own universe and i need to forward that to my LAN-DHCP-Server.

All got messed up with new Versions or another new switch. Which i placed on the old Routers place. Because i decide to stretch my Wlan Area.

Setup:
Code:

[192.168.73.117]---Switch---[192.168.73.74]----[WLAN]
 * Internet ROUTER * |      * DDWRT-WLAN  AP *
                               |
               * 192.168.73.75 *
               * LEDE WLAN     *
                     |
                    WLAN

The strange thing is that the LEDE Router works with the familiar configuration.
My Internet Router runs dnsmasq 2.78, and is working. However, the dhcpoffer did not reach my wlan clients on DDWRTs AP.

I try to disable dhcp, do enable it.. nothing helps. I also flushed the broken arp cache.

Routing work fine, i can ping the DNSMASQ Server and everything in the web from the router. Just my WLAN-Clients cant.

I also try to flash and reset everything to default settings from the stretch. Dit not work. WLAN cant be used.

I just post because i don't know any possible solution. Just to buy another router that runs LEDE/Openwert. :/

Edit: It may be that the Router did not work well and have heating issues. Because the Conneciton breake down sometimes.

However here the Situation before the i insert the new Switch.
Code:

[192.168.73.117]-------------[192.168.73.74]----[WLAN]
 * Internet ROUTER *        * DDWRT-WLAN  AP *
                      -----------------------|
                     |
               * 192.168.73.75 *
               * LEDE WLAN     *
                     |
                    WLAN

Maybe the DDWRT-WLAN-AP had the Routing-Information, because it needed to route every WLAN-Packed to the Internet before?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: