Need Help

greengiant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 15:51    Post subject: Need Help Reply with quote
I just upgraded my main router to Linksys E4200 and modem to Motorola DOCSIS 3.0,
I have 2 DD-WRT routers that worked fine before with my old router that was a Dlink DIR-625. I use the DD-WRT routers in the Client Bridge mode. I have 2 DD-WRT devices connected each in the LR and BR - each is connected to a Dish network receiver to connect to the internet and WD TV Live to connect to internet and main network with network cables.
D
I mainly use my laptop (Windows 7) to connect to the internet throughout the house. My problem is that when I try to connect to the internet It always connects to the DD-WRT modems and not the main router (E4200) When it connects I get no internet connection.
How can I set up my system to have the laptop wireless connection only connect to the Linksys E4200 only and not the DD-WRT routers? I need to use the E4200 so I can get the 50-70mg download speed.

all routers are set at the 192.168.1.1 IP address.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 17:26    Post subject: Re: Need Help Reply with quote
greengiant wrote:
I just upgraded my main router to Linksys E4200 and modem to Motorola DOCSIS 3.0,
I have 2 DD-WRT routers that worked fine before with my old router that was a Dlink DIR-625. I use the DD-WRT routers in the Client Bridge mode. I have 2 DD-WRT devices connected each in the LR and BR - each is connected to a Dish network receiver to connect to the internet and WD TV Live to connect to internet and main network with network cables.
D
I mainly use my laptop (Windows 7) to connect to the internet throughout the house. My problem is that when I try to connect to the internet It always connects to the DD-WRT modems and not the main router (E4200) When it connects I get no internet connection.
How can I set up my system to have the laptop wireless connection only connect to the Linksys E4200 only and not the DD-WRT routers? I need to use the E4200 so I can get the 50-70mg download speed.

all routers are set at the 192.168.1.1 IP address.

Thanks in advance for the help!

There is your 1st problem..

review the wiki: linking routers => client bridge

Navigation

Jump to: