Asus stinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Albert Wiersch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:46    Post subject: Asus stinks Reply with quote
I bought an Asus WL-500G Premium because I though it would be better than my Linksys WRT54GL. It just died tonight after only a few days working and now it's going back. Good think I still have my super-reliable WRT54GL. It had quite an uptime before I "upgraded" to the Asus.
Sponsor
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suprise. ASUS everything has stunk for years. Their MOTHER boards stink. Asus = Shit-Sus. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Even their new crap still sucks from what I read in the forums.
http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
stevech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've owned ASUS motherboards for several years. Always worked perfectly.

I've had things fail.
It is usual to distinguish when it's a pervasive poor design or an isolated failure incident.
Goofee691
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
out of all the asus hardware ive had i have not had any problems at all in fact im using my asus motherboard right now

maybe the motherboards you are buying are the cheap ones and as the sane says you get what you pay for
anthonos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey...

Things are not perfect...

I'm using Asus motherboard and a WL-500gP for LAN/WAN/Wifi and I'm surely pleased with the performance.

This is the best routerI've had.

Best wishes for your WL-500gP.

Anthon.
Albert Wiersch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use to like Asus motherboards, but their website stunk and annoyed me so I tried a Gigabyte board (there were other reasons too for going to Gigabyte). I still have some website issues with Gigabyte but am overall pleased with Gigabyte though it still could be better.

Anyway, I think I'll just buy another Linksys as a backup. I wish they would come out with one with faster proc and more memory. Should I look for an older "GS" model on ebay?

Any suggestions for best performing box router that is reliable?
Goofee691
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
im likeing the looks of the wrt 54g v8 but its support is still unknown and it still sounds to good to be true

i also like the wrt350n ive only set up one but it seems to be working well

and as for gigabyte motherboard's i have had one, i liked it while it was working
had alot of nice things but in the end the board fried literally (the 1397 ti chip that i never even used and always had disabled) but it took out the motherboard and processor luckily it did not take out the video.

i have yet to have a asus motherboard fail on me only one i had a problem with is when i messed up during a bios update. and yes their website does suck but im also not that pleased with the giga-byte one eather. but i would still buy a motherboard from earher company
stevech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Albert Wiersch wrote:
I use to like Asus motherboards, but their website stunk and annoyed me so I tried a Gigabyte board ... I still have some website issues with Gigabyte but am overall pleased with Gigabyte though it still could be better.

Brilliant.
Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: