Client bridge mode finally works on my dir-615 e3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Daedalus2262
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 22:27    Post subject: Re: Client bridge mode finally works on my dir-615 e3 Reply with quote
tico wrote:
microben wrote:
Just registered at this forum and posted this topic. So if anyone runs into the same issue as I did, you can try 14896 build.

Client bridge never worked on my dir-615 e3 (build 15778 ), After spent countless hours, I pulled out my Dir-615 c1 router (build 14896), Surprisingly, this one worked out of box.

So I reverted back to build 14896 for my dir-615 e3. all worked like a charm. Thanks DD-wrt.

Other info:

Latest build 17201 for dir-615 e3 didn't work either.
My primary router is Asus 520gu. set as wpa2 personal using AES, b and g mixed.

If you are struggling with the client bridge mode with your dir 615 e3. please try 14896 build.Good luck.

microben, I've just had basically the exact same experience as you.

Just finished installing DD-WRT on my D-Link DIR-615 E3 (firmware code: AP99-AR7240-RT-091105-01 for those too lazy to hexdump D-Link's official firmware) using 15778 as recommended in the wiki+database. Everything else worked fine except for client bridge (which was labelled "client bridge (routed)" for some reason.

I confirmed through telnet that the ath0 interface wasn't being added to the br0 bridge. Also, it appears that manually adding other [sub-]interfaces to the bridge using the web GUI doesn't work other, so it's not just wireless that's affected.

I tried manually adding it through telnet, but I couldn't ping *through* the router to anything on the other side of the wireless, though the router itself could ping anything on either side. So it looks like it may be driver related as well, not just GUI tool problems.

As you suggested, reflashed with 14896, and everything works perfectly now (so far).

For what it's worth, I'm running the same config on a Netgear WGR614 v8 running -mini 14929, as well as an Airlink-101 AR430W running -std 13064 all joined to the same AP with no problems.

+1 for voting this to be sticky'ed and added to the wiki/db.

Smile Here is my setup that went like clockwork start to finish:

DLink DIR-615 E3 Frmwre 5.10 Atheros AR7240 Rev1.2
reflashed with hext dir615e3-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin to pickup time warner cable wireless signal offshore. This feeds a Linksys BEFW11S4 Ver4 in Gateway mode. The DDWRT doesnt waver in repeater modes or client bridge mode. All CPUs downstream are in network auto settings. This came up perfect the first time. Poking ports is simple enough and setting security isn't an issue either.
Sponsor
prinzenrolle
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 13:36    Post subject: same with buffalo WHR-HP-G300N Reply with quote
hi,
i use the WHR-HP-G300N and use although the client bridge mode.
i test the following Firmware:
WHR-HP-GN-pro_v24sp2-14998
whrhpg300n-pro-v24sp2-17135-eu-us
both firmware are from buffalo and client bridge
doesnt work.
after that i test the dd-wrt firmware
whr-hp-g300n-firmware-MULTI (v24 preSP2 14896)
and the client bridge mode worked!

my questions:
1) why isnt this in later builds fixed?
2) Why is there no sticky with this bug?
3) The webif display the connection with 1 Mbit/s but i can copy with 2,2Mbyte/sec, bug at the webif?
thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: